Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Fourth Pattern Post

Well, I already posted here once today, and by all means, that ought to be enough. There is no need for me to pollute the Internet with my shenanigans multiple times a day. After a lovely evening of watching sitcoms on the Disney Channel and needlepointing Disgaea fanart, however, I felt that I ought to return to this mystical blog.

My pattern for this posting is different from those that have preceded it in that it is not based on a cartoon, comic book, or video game. When I was flipping though my pads of graph paper, though, I found the pattern and wanted to transfer it to Pattern Maker and do something with it.


This pattern was drawn after an Evanescence concert that I went to a couple of years ago and was inspired by the remarkably poofy pink skirt that Amy Lee wore on stage. The outfit here isn't quite the same as the one from the concert, as putting that many frills on a pattern would require a 200 by 200 grid, even with backstitching, but it's as close as I could get in a tiny space. It was also sort of interesting to make this pattern because I tried to make it look, stylistically, at least, like an older pattern, using a few books of Anne Orr's patterns as a reference. Anyway, I'm sure that's way more yabbering than was necessary to explain such a small pattern, but I hope that you guys like it. If any of you decide to stitch her, feel free to contact me with a picture of the finished product, since I'd love to see it, and I'm hoping to stitch her for myself when I finish my Disgaea atrocity.

No comments:

Post a Comment