Monday, June 29, 2009

Oh, This Pattern Is Absolutely Depressing, Isn't It?

Hello! I wasn't planning on posting anything today, to stretch out the three patterns that I had, but I finished stitching a big SNK fighter sprite this afternoon, so I'm going to post a pattern anyway. Plus, I'm not sure what else to do, and posting a blog seems like a productive enough option to go with. The pattern I'm posting today was made on Friday night, and it's of a character not related to anime or video games at all. Marvin from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is more than a sufficent subject for a pattern, though, since everyone needs a nice Douglas Adams themed embroidery pattern. This pattern is taken from a fanart I drew shortly after the Hitchhiker's Guide movie came out a few years ago, using a figurine of Marvin for a reference, and though the oversized head fell off of the toy Marvin, this pattern ought to last for a fairly long time once it's stitched. It's 50 by 50 stitches, but the number of colors is pretty low, so it shouldn't take that long to make. If one of you does make it, though, you should send a picture so I can write another blog post about your finished version of Marvin. Here at Dork Stitch, we can never have too much British sci-fi.

Anyway, I hope that all of you reading this enjoy the pattern and have a nice week!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that movie!!
    I wish they would show the series again!!
    I think everyone would enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete