Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Sorry, The Princess Is On Another Fabric....

Hello, everyone out there in internet world! I know it probably hasn't been, but it seems to me like it's been a while since I last posted. I don't really have anything to make up for that, but I do have the pattern of Princess Toadstool, as was promised in my last post!


This is the largest pattern posted on the blog so far, at around 50 by 70 stitches, and it has quite a few colors, too. I'm probably going to make it, though, just because Princess Toadstool is awesome. (The picture the pattern is based on is from an NES Mario game instruction book- 3, I think- so that's why I'm calling her Toadstool instead of Peach. I think the biggest difference is that Toadstool has a massive head, while Peach is always making cakes.) When I was in first and second grade, I had some elaborate game constructed called Power Princesses where myself and whatever friend I could convince to play with me were Toadstool's super-powered assistants, rescuing her when Mario just couldn't do the job. If I remember correctly, my super-power was being awesome at roller skating, so my imaginary Princess Toadstool obviously wasn't very good at picking people with supernatural gifts to protect her. I never ended up pretending to let her imaginary-die, though, so the roller skating must have been adequate.

Anyway, I hope that you guys like the Princess Toadstool pattern! I have some more stuff to post, including wild photos from a cross stitch standee photoshoot and piles of new patterns, but until then, I hope that you guys have a good week, and if you stitch any of the patterns from this blog, send in a photo or a link to one and I will tout your fine accomplishments to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment