Thursday, July 9, 2009

This Plan Got Out Of Hand

Hello! Yesterday afternoon, I sat down to recolor some sprites and make a pattern of Iori from the King of Fighters series for my sister, since she finds him to be amusing. After digging through the Neo Geo Pocket sprites I had for the character, though, I ended up with 4 patterns of him. I don't know what I can say about these, other than that if you're an Iori fan, you might like these patterns. If not, you should stick around anyway, because this totally ends up with a guy in a schoolgirl outfit riding a motor scooter.

This is the first of the Iori patterns, and the most normal of them by being the only normal one. The sprite was sort of fun to recolor, even though I had some sort of mental freeze when trying to figure out how his shirt worked. Mostly, though, this sprite is only here as a formality, to introduce what I did next.


This is the second pattern of Iori I ended up making yesterday, showing him in a saucy moment. I was thrilled when I saw this sprite, since it means I have something else to make when I stitch the Saucy Ken from a few posts back. This is my favorite pattern of the set, but it is not where I stopped my work for the day.

This is the third pattern of Iori, depicting him in a girl's school uniform, which actually isn't as inexplicable as it seems. In one game for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, SNK Gals Fighter, the story of the game is that there was a Queen of Fighters tournament, where only girls could enter, and Iori was the final boss. Of course, this means he had to put on a dress and go by Miss X.

Actually, that doesn't make much sense at all, but the school uniform is in a really pretty floss color. Threads in light purple always look quite nice. Plus, it leads into the fourth pattern of my mad sprite recoloring spree.

See? I told you this would end in a guy in a schoolgirl outfit riding a motor scooter! Opportunities like this don't come up often, do they?

Anyway, if you guys stuck with this post for this long, I can inform you that for my next post, I have a 49 stitch wide and 72 stitch high pattern of Princess Toadstool using 17 colors, which might make up for the fact that I just posted 4 patterns of the same King of Fighters character from games for a system that not many people own. Personally, I don't think it'll be nearly as awesome, but it's all a matter of taste.

If, by any chance, any of you decide to make any of today's Iori patterns, then please send me a picture of your finished work so that I have an excuse to write about how weird it is that these sprites existed in the first place. It would be really cool to see these finished, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment