Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Ponyo Day!

Hello! I wasn't sure if I was going to post today, so I might not go on for too long, but I just wrote a news story on a yoga game for mygamer.com, so I figured that as long as I was already going, I might as well post a blog before I forgot about it. Yesterday, in my case, was a very good day, since I went with my family to go eat Japanese food, see Ponyo, and get overpriced fancy coffee at Starbucks, which combines several of my favorite things. I really liked Ponyo, since it was a cute and happy movie, and I felt lucky to see it in a theater. Because I enjoyed the movie so, then, I decided to make a cross stitch pattern for it. It's not a very fancy one, since I did it between 10:30 and midnight last night, but it's of one of Ponyo's sisters, who seem to be the common really cute thing that there's hundreds of on screen at once in a Miyazaki movie, like the soot sprites in Spirited Away or the wobbly headed things that I forget the name of in Princess Mononoke. I'm needlepointing it right now, which should go pretty quickly, but I hope to make a more elaborate pattern from the movie, too, maybe of Ponyo herself. Here is the pattern, though, and I hope that you guys like it!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! I can't wait to see this movie. I've really enjoyed all of Miyazaki's other movies! Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is lovely! Currently I'm on a Ghibli wave - those last days I watched Totoro, Nausicaa and Howl's moving castle and loved all of them, especially Howl ^^ And I'm planning to continue watching the movies! It's seems Ponyo will be cute movie too, may watch it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I can't thank you enough for this pattern. I make my kids a special ornament each year for Christmas, and this will be absolutely perfect for my Hayao Miyazaki-crazy daughter. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for sharing Patterns!~
    I'm using it for one of my artwork.
    I will credit you for sharing and post it in video in the future.

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure!~ You are welcome to share my stuff on your link!~
    By the Way, I'm going on my next project now....Brainy Smurf~

    ReplyDelete