Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Look, Everyone! It's a Bunny! (Oh, yeah, and some links, too...)

Well, everyone, it's time for another post here at Dork Stitch, and let me tell you, it's a humdinger. The pattern for today isn't the most exciting thing ever, since the character isn't doing anything bizarre or violent, and it's not from an obscure video game or anime, either. What is being posted, however, is a cross stitch pattern of Usa*Hana, a charming bunny from Sanrio. I've wanted to do some Sanrio patterns for a really long time, but I couldn't decide what to do, since a designer named Tatie Grenouille has some excellent Hello Kitty and Keroppi patterns at her blog, which can be found here: http://tatiegrenouille.canalblog.com/ , and the Sanrio cross stitch page over at Geocities, which can be found here covers a wide variety of other characters. In the end, however, I decided to make one for Usa*Hana because when I went to the Mall of America with my family a few years ago, I got a colored pencil set that she was stamped all over and have remained fond of the character since.

This pattern is relatively simple, and the wide variety of colors used should make it easy to switch them if you don't have the floss called for, or if you just think the colors it's shown in are dumb or something. It was fun to make though, and I think that more obscure Sanrio characters need to get cross stitched! I've seen some really odd ones over the years, and a lot of them need their time in the spotlight.

Anyway, I'm almost out of cross stitch patterns to post here again, but I'm going to make more and hopefully keep posting at a steady rate! A lot of old Nintendo games have been being played at my house, so some of them might make it here, but I'm not quite sure what is coming up yet. I can, however, guarantee that most of what ends up here will indeed be worthy of the Dork Stitch name.

1 comment:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute! I am loving your patterns....and once I am done with a project of mine....I'm going to try some of them!

    ReplyDelete