Monday, August 31, 2009

Zombie Girl Is Lucky She Got A Few Patterns Between Her and Today's Pattern

Hello! I would like to start this blog post with a helpful hint. If you have a Commodore 64 disc drive and someone jams it full of paper and arcade tickets and doesn't tell anyone about it before you put the disc drive in a basement for 10 years, it will stop working. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true!

Anyway, onto today's pattern! I got a lot of patterns set up to post here earlier today, 7 of them, I think, and I had planned on posting this afternoon. By the time I had all of the patterns .jpeg-ed up and ready to go, though, I had it in my head that I would rather chew my fingers off than deal with the patterns any longer. Luckily, however, a few hours of dealing with old computers and watching TV cleared that right up for me, meaning that this blog did not have to come to a somewhat horrifying end. Speaking of horror, today's cross stitch pattern comes from the classic survival horror series Resident Evil, with a lovely image of Claire Redfield shooting stuff and having awesome hair.

I'm really fond of this pattern, and I've made it before, too (which can be seen at http://missy-tannenbaum.deviantart.com/art/XStitch-FanArt-Claire-Redfield-133415992 ), but I have not really played much Resident Evil in my life. I have watched Resident Evil: Degeneration, which was incoherent and had animation that made all of the people look sort of creepy. I have also watched people play the games, and have, in fact, offered helpful advice to those playing it. One time my sister was playing 4, and she thought she didn't need a rocket launcher, despite my frequent protests in favor of the weapon on the grounds that it would probably "blow up real good", but when she finally did buy that rocket launcher, it killed stuff in a top-notch manner. In that way, I have been an aid to those who do play Resident Evil. I have also played Dino Crisis, which is similar to Resident Evil, but funnier, because for some reason, it makes me laugh every time a raptor bursts out a window at me. However, none of these things add up to my being an actual player of Resident Evil games, which makes my enthusiasm for this pattern sort of inexplicable.

The sprite used for this pattern is, however, from Capcom vs. SNK Cardfighters' Clash for the Neo Geo Pocket Color, but I couldn't possibly be enough of a dork to let my enthusiasm for an obscure virtual trading card game escalate to the point that I began stitching characters from games I didn't really play just because their cards were useful in that game. That would just be silly.

Anyway, thank you for your patronage of Dork Stitch, and I hope to be back soon with more of the patterns I prepared today! Also, remember that if you decide to stitch any of the cross stitch patterns posted here, I will gladly show off your work to the entire world that reads this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment