Sunday, September 13, 2009

70s Horror Movies and Fluffy Bunnies All For The Stitching!

Hello! I feel like it's been a while since I last actually posted some cross stitch patterns, even if it has just been a few days, and I have a bunch of patterns still in storage, waiting to be posted. Tonight, however, I have two very special patterns that I just configured to post here and hope that you enjoy both of them, albeit in different ways.

The first cross stitch pattern that I'm posting here tonight used to be on Little Mojo's page, but, as that page is no more, it is finding a home here. The pattern features one of my favorite Sanrio characters, My Melody, looking cute and inquisitive, perhaps because she's wondering if, in a no-holds barred melee battle, Hello Kitty and her many friends could defeat a band of lawless bikers with their bare hands. Since the Sanrio characters have terribly big hands, I imagine they could take the bikers, but it still wouldn't be a pleasant sight, so My Melody needs a bit of time to think about the whole ordeal. I haven't stitched this pattern, but because of the big chunks of color in it, I think that it would be pretty quick and easy to make. Plus, I sort of liked making it without the black outlines, since that's a bit different from a lot of the other stuff here.


Tonight's second pattern was done for my sister, who has a birthday this week. It is, as the pattern itself states, the floaty ball thing that killed stuff in Phantasm. In case you happen to be reading this blog for my wordy, but descriptive movie reviews, I have to say that Phantasm is quite a movie. The acting is bad, the plot is incoherent, and there are midget zombies and a singing ice cream man, meaning that it made for a very entertaining 90 minutes of viewing. However, I did not like it nearly as much as my sister did, and she claims that if I made this, she would put it on her wall like "bah-zamm." I am not totally sure what bah-zamm means, but it sounds really positive, so I was happy about that. Plus, I'm sure tons of people want a cross stitch pattern of a killing device that zips through hallways and chases screaming teenagers with floppy hair and amazing driving skills for their age. It has more backstitch than most of my patterns, but because the rest of it is worked entirely in whole stitches, it should be easy to complete, if you happen to be in the mood to make something like this.

I think I've done quite enough damage to this blog tonight, so I am going to back away before more harm is caused. If you do decide to make either of today's cross stitch patterns, however, as well as the other patterns posted here, I'd love to see your work and display it to everyone else here! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more dork patterns from Dork Stitch!

5 comments:

  1. Hey I still have Melody stored on my computer.I was looking thru my files last nite!! Just some of the few I have :P

    I think I have your Lucky stars too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Missy. My Melody will be on my to-do list. Do you also have patterns of Little Twin Stars?

    I must concur that Phantasm has some pretty bad acting. Hey, but to each his own, right?

    My sister and I usually have a movie night on Halloween night and New Year's Eve and we usually get sucked in by those 70s horror titles. Do we ever learn? Unfortunately not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phantasm was on in the hospital waiting room while I was being delivered. My dad was watching it ><

    My sister loved Melody growing up, very cute pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this My Melody pattern. I have printed it out and am incorporating it ino a crochet baby blanket. I cant wait to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy, Yay, I finished the My Melody cross stich pattern that I got from your blog. I cross stitched it onto a crochet blanket.
    Here's the link if you want to check it out.

    http://sophisticatestyle.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-melody-crochet-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete