Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ah, Crud, I Have To Make Some New Patterns Now

Hello! It's been a few days since my last post, and I really have no reason for not posting since then. The last few days have, in my defense, been a strenuous swirl of birthdays, high school football games, cross stitching, watching the Emmys and seeing movies. As a side note to that, The Informant! was a spiffy movie and one that I feel my siblings and I shall quote for many days to come. Other than all of that madness, however, I have been relatively non-busy, making me feel like I ought to come here and post my last reserve pattern, featuring Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

This is a pretty big pattern for this blog, which is mostly due to the fact that it is yet another former resident of Little Mojo's Anime Cross Stitch Patterns. Unlike some of the other patterns that were there, it gets to be posted here because it was just small enough to fit on one of my pattern templates, and also because this pattern has some of the best hair I've gone in and click-by-click removed the color fragmentation on. Miyuki is not my favorite character on Haruhi, mostly because I feel like she needs to, and quite easily could, punch Haruhi in the nose so hard that she could smell the back of her own head. Really, no one should ever put up with being forced into fetish clothing in front of big crowds, especially if it's going to make them whimper and have those weird anime wobbly sad eyes. Still, when it came to making a cross stitch pattern of one of the three main Haruhi girls, Miyuki was the only one with long, flow-y hair, and being as I was in the mood to stitch something like that, that's what I ended up making. There was some reason why I picked the maid outfit for the pattern, too, but I don't remember what that is anymore. I think it's because it was frilly, but it's been over a year since I made it, so that's all wild extrapolation.

Anyway, I am not sure what is to come on Dork Stitch, other than that it will, at least in my opinion, be awesome, but if you decide to stitch anything posted here, let me know and I will treat your accomplishments like the invention of the wheel for at least a couple of paragraphs. I do, however, want to thank Joke Only for the Live Journal plug, as I am much obliged.

2 comments:

  1. Max-the-rabbitythingSeptember 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM

    I meant to comment before, but she looks really good! Have you seen season 2 of Haruhi yet? Yuki talks about why Mikuru acts the way she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I know that this post is nearly 4 years old now and I know this might be a bit late but can you make a Nagato Yuki and Suzumiya Haruhi pattern? I've been looking for one through Google but the results aren't satisfying. I've been hanging on this blog for a while now since I do some cross stitching. I hope you see this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete