Monday, October 12, 2009

Cross Stitch Witch Motifs (It's The Worst Name for a Metal Band Ever!)

Hello! I feel like I'm a little behind on this blog, so I'm doing a short patterns post today in order to give myself more unnecessary time to get a gold star done for a finished project post I have to do. It'll be up tomorrow or even later tonight, so I don't know why I feel that I must return to the blog, but here I am, and today, I have a small Halloween cross stitch pattern to post!


Some of you may have seen these witches on my Deviant Art page, where I posted them as a set of sprites, but they were originally designed to be a cross stitch pattern, just like they are now. I wanted them to be quick and easy, so that they could get done before Halloween, if that's the sort of thing you're wanting to do, which is partially why I picked the NES sprite style. The other part of that rationale is that NES sprites are often cute, but that motivates so much of the stuff on this blog that I didn't think I'd immediately have to bring that up. However, I also wanted these to be very customizable, so that everyone who made one of the witches would have one that was totally unique. Therefore, instead of posting a floss list with this project, I did my best to make the colors as bright and basic as possible on every sprite so that switching them out for different colors would be incredibly easy. I think that these'll be able to suck up a bunch of the scraps of floss I have lying around so that they don't get stuck to my sweater sleeves anymore, and hope that they can do the same for you!

At any rate, if any of you guys decide to stitch any of the witches, I would love to see photos, especially since I am very fond of the idea of a tiny army of cross stitched witches infiltrating the entire globe. Other than that, however, I'll be back very soon with a finished project posting from one of this blog's repeat offenders and will be back again with more patterns after that. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment