Friday, October 23, 2009

Procrastination Blogging- It's What All The Cool Kids Are Doing!

Hello! I haven't posted here since Monday afternoon, so today, I'm starting to post as I work on the pattern to be included here. As I type I am eating oatmeal, a fact which I'm sure amazes and astounds each and every one of you. What makes this even more insane is that it's maple and brown sugar flavored oatmeal. Crazy, right? You just pour this stuff out of a packet, add water, and then it mystically changes into breakfast, or a late evening snack, in this case. I just finished my oatmeal, though, so it's time for me to get back to transferring tonight's pattern onto Pattern Maker, which is tedious work. In fact, that's the reason why I'm blogging while I'm working on the pattern.

I'm about halfway done entering the pattern now! I will resist the urge to go watch my siblings play Game Cube for 20 or so minutes and get the stupid thing finished.

Okay, after a bit of trial and error, I've gotten my pattern off of graph paper and onto Pattern Maker, meaning that it is right here for you in the form of a stunning .jpeg file!




As you can probably see, this is a backstitched pattern of a paper crane. I drew and stitched this pattern a long time ago (from a crane I actually folded, explaining the crookedness of the head), but I've been folding piles and piles of cranes to make wall hangings as of late, so while I was hacking up an old magazine to use it for origami paper tonight, it seemed like I should put this pattern up here. Since there's no actual cross stitches involved, it's incredibly fast to stitch, meaning that it would make a nice afternoon or evening project if you needed a tiny piece of needlework to plaster on a card or something.

Anyway, I just had a cup of tea get finished in the microwave, so I'm going to stop blogging now before I have a chance to tell all of you how wonderful herbal tea is. I have another pattern on graph paper, too, of Trixie from Speed Racer, so I'm going to see how much of that I can get onto the computer before I feel like ripping my own hair out. I hope that all of you have a good weekend and will hopefully be back with more patterns sooner rather than next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment