Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Long Delayed Gold Star, Ponyo Style

Hello! I haven't posted here in ages, not since before my sister and one of her friends had their Tarantino party, which was nearly two weeks ago. I can say this for certain because it was halfway through Inglorious Basterds (please pardon my possible misspelling of a misspelling) that I first saw the finished project that this post is about. This finished project, which is done from the pattern of Ponyo's sister (from the Miyazaki movie released this summer), is a beadwork completed by M.Y.C. (who also has a blog that can be accessed by clicking on this fun colored text) with what is hands down the most elaborate presentation of any craft project, let alone one that used a pattern from this blog, that I've ever seen. To display this, I present M.Y.C.'s amazing Youtube video of Ponyo's glamorously beaded sister.





I've watched this video piles of times and'll probably watch it quite a few more, and not just because the pattern is from my blog, and not just because the project is really well done, either. (I've tried doing beading like this before and couldn't even make a successful bracelet, let alone a cartoon character.) My favorite thing about the video is that it ranks among the cutest things ever. I love the Ponyo theme being in the background, it's really cool to see the project take shape, and then there's the fact that the end of the video (before the extras, at least) features a stop motion swimming Ponyo's sister! It's really cool that M.Y.C. took the time to share her project, the process behind it, and the adorable video, and for that, she must be awarded Dork Stitch's highest honor- the gold star.

Because M.Y.C.'s project was impressively presented, I wanted to have a bit of an unorthodox gold star, so I ended up making a cross stitch pattern of another of Ponyo's sisters swimming in a sea of gold stars. It's a bit weird, but I hope it's okay! For beadwork, the gold stars can easily be left off of the background, since a couple of them are detached from the main figure, and for stitching purposes, this uses the exact same floss colors as the last Ponyo pattern posted here.

Anyway, I'm a little spacey tonight, so I should probably stop writing now, but thank you for taking the time to read this post! If you decide to make any of the patterns featured here, send in a photo or something of the sort and you could (well, probably will) find yourself the subject of your very own blog post! Also, since I'm not sure if I'll be posting again before the new year, I want to thank everyone reading for their support in 2009! Every single follower and comment and finished project and read post is massively appreciated. I wish all of you a good rest of the week and a happy new year!

(If you're still reading, I've also just had a new review posted at MyGamer.com for Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy. As long as I'm here, I might as well spam my internet presence!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this really is one of the cutest things made after your pattern! I'm in love with the video too ^___^ It looks so hard to make such thing!
    You're new pattern is awesome as well :B
    and many people lately speak to me about this game Nancy Drew, I'll be sure to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so pretty :) . I'm still working on my Ponyo ornament, unfortunately I didn't get it done in time. Still so grateful for the pattern...hopefully I'll be able to get you a picture soon!!

    ReplyDelete