Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lots of Finished Cross Stitch Projects From Readers!

Hello! I haven't posted here for quite a while, but since the last time I wrote here, three readers have done stitchings that were, at the very least, based on patterns originally posted here! Since there are three of them, I'm going to get directly into posting them rather than do a lot of chattering, though, to be sure, I have plenty to say.


The first of the finished projects is by Topcho/ Pas'd Action (sorry, I'm not sure which screen name you'd prefer!), and it's of a pattern posted here quite a while ago of Marvin from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! The existence of Douglas Adams themed cross stitch is spiffy enough on its own, but this piece is really quite cool. Topcho stitched Marvin on 22 count fabric, with the stripes on the fabric also being hand-stitched, and then sewed him into a pincushion, which, after all, is just the poor robot's sort of luck to be used for a storage place for extremely pointy things. I strongly recommend checking out the original blog post on this project, which can be found here , both so you can see Marvin's lullaby backstitched on the back of the pincushion and read the entertaining commentary. Both halves of the project can also be seen on Deviant Art, with the front at this link and the back at this link.

This next project has considerably less literary roots than Marvin did, but that makes Dawn's stitching of Athena, from the King of Fighters games (among others) no less impressive. My first instinct in writing about this is to brag that now there's a Christmas tree with a King of Fighters character on it and it's partially my fault, but since the pattern seems to have been chosen for its cuteness, I'll hold off on a full paragraph on that subject. The Athena is really nicely stitched, especially considering that it was done on glittery Aida cloth, which is a total pain to work with, even though it seems that different people have different issues with it. I really like the gold star charm, too! It makes it look more Christmas-y, and is a good way of manipulating the pattern's pose to one's own purposes. If you want to check out a full sized version of this image, it can be found here, on Dawn's Deviant Art page!

Last, but not least in today's barrage of reader projects is Max-the-rabbitything's Konata Christmas tree ornament! The ornament is stitched from a modified version of this blog's classic Konata pattern, where Max gave her a new outfit and some holly to hang off of her hair, which is a very cute touch and makes for a very creative installment of his Lucky Star stitchings. It was stitched on 28 count fabric, which boggles my mind, and the trim and text looks very nice, too! It's going to be on a community Christmas tree, so I hope she adds a unique touch to the ornaments placed upon it! Having a tree that all of the people in town can make ornaments for is a really neat idea, and I bet that it looks cool, too. The full image of this ornament can be viewed at Max-the-rabbitything's Deviant Art page, which can be accessed if you click on this mysteriously discolored text.


Because I was a little lazy today, all of these patterns have to share a gold star image, though each of them do have their own gold star! I think the top left one is Topcho's, the top right one is Dawn's, and the bottom one goes to Max-the-rabbitything. Regardless of position, though, that cow is really impressed by all of them. (I'm not sure why I picked a farm scene for today, but it seemed like a nice idea while I was drawing.)

Anyway, I'm off to do some other stuff for a while, some of which involves my actually stitching patterns from my own blog! It's SNK fighting game stuff, so it's considerably less Christmas-y than the stuff here today, but there's still quite a few days until the holiday. I'll be back to post some new content soon, but until then, I hope all of you have a nice week!

3 comments:

  1. Lol, awesome post! Thanks! I love my star along with the cow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. max-the-rabbitythingDecember 17, 2009 at 9:53 PM

    Sorry for taking so long to thank you for the star, but thanks for the star!

    She looks really good on the 12' community tree along with the tiny singing Flonne I made last year and about a hundred other handmade ornaments (some are even made of blown glass!)

    I've got the only anime style ones though =D

    ReplyDelete