Friday, December 18, 2009

A Severely Old School Amy Rose Cross Stitch Pattern

Hello! I wasn't really planning on posting today, but I had a pink peppermint latte, making me all caffeinated and energetic, so writing a blog seemed like a nice and non-destructive thing to do. The only downside of this is that I don't really have that much to say, though that might not be such a bad thing. I haven't been accomplishing that much in terms of cross stitching lately, though I'm getting close to finished with a pattern of Miku from Vocaloid that I co-designed with ACL on the 1337xstitch forums. My sister and one of her friends are having a watch-Tarantino-movies party tonight, so I'm going to sit in on it and see how many of them I can get through before passing out from too much allergy medicine, and I figured I could work on the project during that, though getting it done isn't too likely. Still, I think I can get pretty close to it, so I might have her done by the end of the weekend.

See? I told you I didn't have that much to say.

Anyway, with a new computer, I'm trying to rebuild my library of patterns so that when I'm stuck on what to make, I can turn it on and go through my folder to see what I've got. I really like old fashioned patterns, though, so I wanted to try and make something both nerdy and old looking. Because of this, I started running sprites through my pattern maker and turning them into silhouettes, which, at least in part, led to this pattern.


Since I've been playing a lot of the Sonic the Hedgehog RPG for DS lately, when I was thinking of characters to use in the silhouette patterns, Amy Rose seemed like a good choice. The spiky hair and big shoes make it easy to tell at least what game series she's from, and the hammer doesn't hurt in making her identifiable, either. Regardless of the character, though, this turned out the best of any of my attempts last night, so Amy Rose is the one getting posted. It's a little bigger than some of the patterns on here, but since it's only one color, she shouldn't take that long to stitch. Plus, if you get really sick of working on it, you can just leave the hearts off and call it finished. It would also be easy to experiment with different stitches or fabrics on a project like this, if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say for today, so I suppose I'll go bother another part of the internet now. Just like always, if you decide to stitch this, I would really like to see your finished project! Also, I'd like to wish M.Y.C. the best of luck with making Ponyo's sister- I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment