Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Tried To Come Up With a Bad Mega Man/Cross Stitching Pun, But It Just Wasn't Working.

Hello! Before I say too much in this post, I have to start by saying that my siblings and I all got spiffy new video games for Christmas. I got Tekken 6 and Style Savvy, both of which I really enjoy, my sister got Gardening Mama, one of my brothers got Spirit Tracks, and my other brother got the Metroid Prime trilogy. That being said, both of my brothers have been spending a lot of time lately playing the Mega Man Battle Network games. I am not sure why they got the Battle Network stuff out in the first place, but it's been a fairly constant presence since, with the younger of my brothers tracking down a DS port of Battle Network 5 for DS and the older playing the copies we already had on his GBA. They've even gotten the DVDs we had of Mega Man NT Warrior, the anime based on the games (volumes 1 and 11 or 12, I forget which), and were watching them last week. Neither of them have gotten out the NT Warrior board game that we found at Big Lots back out, but I suspect it is only a matter of time.

With all of that said, I never really played the Battle Network games (even though one of my brothers handed me the first one with orders to play it), but I did like the anime, and as readers of this blog may have noticed, I totally support the playing of older video games that weren't all that popular in the first place. Because of that, I spent this afternoon making some cross stitch patterns of sprites from the Mega Man Battle Network games and have some of Mega Man and Roll to post today.

Both of these patterns have quite a few colors in them, 14 to be exact, and when combined with the small size of each pattern, I have to admit that they're not the easiest to stitch patterns I've ever posted here. Because of all of the color switching, though, I think they'd be fun to make, and the colors in the sprites themselves are quite nice, too. Plus, the world really needed these two Mega Man Battle Network cross stitch patterns, so even if they are a bit color-intensive, we now live in a society better for having seen them.

Anyway, if you decide that you want to stitch these patterns, or any of the other patterns at Dork Stitch, send in a photo of your finished work to be featured on this blog. Other than that, I don't have too much to say, but I hope that all of you are having a nice week and a good start to 2010! I actually have some patterns saved up and ready to post right now, too, so, at least for the time being, this blog will continue to have posts and such!

2 comments: