Monday, January 25, 2010

A Placeholder Post, Complete With An FFVIII Pattern!

Hello! It's been 10 days since I posted here, and I have a couple of very spiffy reader projects to put on this blog. I am not quite done with the gold stars for these yet, though, so this post is partially to say that I haven't forgotten about posting these projects and realize that I am taking quite a while to get them up here. However, this post is also here for a spiffy new pattern from a decade old video game!

Today's pattern comes from Final Fantasy VIII, which, as I am very on top of current gaming trends, is the RPG that I'm currently playing. When I was in 8th grade, I made it through the first disc, but then, for some reason, put it away and didn't get it back out until last year. Even then, I didn't really play it much, since getting the Playstation out usually meant that I wanted to pretend to kick someone in the face, which quite a few games were better about letting me do. A little before Christmas, though, I wanted to play an RPG and couldn't really pick one, so when one of my brothers started playing Final Fantasy VII, I decided to get the eighth one back out and start it over. I'm past the first disc now, meaning that I beat my old level of progress, but it is sort of annoying that dinosaurs can kill you dead when you haven't saved for an hour. Still, I admire that it has a boss named NORG, without the all caps thing being a typo or anything, since apparently, his evil is so great that his name must be yelled rather than spoken, even if it's in the middle of a sentence.


Anyway, as you can see, the Final Fantasy VIII pattern I was building up to with an excruciating lack of speed is of Rinoa, a character who I don't want to say much about, seeing as I have a lot of nicknames that I tend to say when she pops up on screen and not many of them are very complimentary. I thought she'd be fun to cross stitch, though, so I made a pattern of her and decided it was nice enough to put here, mostly because I think her strange coat-thing came out well. Though there are quite a few shades of blue and gray in this, they could probably be doubled, so she should be pretty fast and easy to stitch. Plus, if she's just on fabric, she'll have no way of throwing off your major political maneuvers, which is always a plus!

If you decide to stitch any of the patterns here, including today's lovely depiction of Rinoa, send me a photo and I'll post it for all to see, as my next post will prove! Until then, I hope that all of you have a nice day and a week full of non-apocalyptic events!

No comments:

Post a Comment