Friday, February 12, 2010

A Very Specific Hello Kitty Cross Stitch Pattern

Hello! It has been a while since I've posted, but in the time since I wrote here last, I've built up a healthy reserve of patterns, which is always a plus. For today, however, I decided to post the biggest of these, since in terms of this blog, it seems like there is very little point in building up to anything, aside from the eventual and, of course, monumental, Top Hunter patterns day. (I've been talking about that since starting the blog, and it will someday happen. All of my patterns are of Cathy rather than Roddy, though, so it's a bit one sided so far.) What I mean to say, then, is that everyone who really wanted patterns of SNK's Athena from her NES game debut, because I'm sure there's piles of you, has to wait a day or two to see them. Though I have three of them ready to go, today's pattern is of the ever popular Hello Kitty!

Before I post this pattern, I must say that I am quite the fan of Hello Kitty. I have multiple T-shirts, plushies (including some with her head sticking out of sushi rolls), old Game Boy games, purses, keychains, and even a deck of playing cards featuring the mascot, all in the name of cuteness. Because this is Dork Stitch, however, a simple Hello Kitty pattern is not enough. Therefore, I have found, at Nana-Nana.net, images of Hello Kitty stationery where she is dressed up as the two lead characters from Ai Yazawa's manga, Nana. Using that as a basis for a cross stitch pattern seemed like a pretty good idea to me, and even if you aren't a fan of Nana, I think that the cuteness should be able to stand on its own merits. Plus, if you change the colors, it could be pretty well removed from being anything involving Nana at all! Anyway, here is the pattern.

There isn't much that's very odd about this pattern, so I don't have much to say about it, other than that the general lack of detail would make it fun to stitch on 11 count fabric. Color changes and those sorts of things should be easy to manage with it, though, so with this pattern, anything, or at least anything within the realm of this pattern, is possible!

Just like I always say at the end of a post, if you stitch this or any other pattern found on Dork Stitch, I would love to see your finished project and will post it here, on this blog, for the whole internet to see! As for myself, I'm hoping to finish a cross stitch of a fighting game sprite tonight, so I'd better quit typing while I'm still ahead. I hope that all of you have a good weekend and will post again fairly soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love Hello Kitty! What a great design!
    Happy Stitchin'...
    Carolyn
    http://www.stitchopedia.com
    An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm bookmarking this but will probably only do the real Nana 'cause I can't stand Hachi. Have we discussed this on devart before?
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great pattern. I'm still working on the My Melody one that you have posted, but as soon as I am finished, I cant wait to give this one a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently working on this one! I will be sure to send a picture when it is finished!~

    ReplyDelete