Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Big Diner Dash Cross Stitch Pattern, Because Casual Games Don't Deserve The Bad Reputation They're Sometimes Percieved As Having

Hello! The title of this journal is fairly wordy, so I'm not sure I have to expand on it too much. I just think that it's sort of bizarre that, despite the fact that they take plenty of skill to play, casual games are sometimes looked down upon by certain gaming audiences. It's not very logical, since the casual games that are popular didn't get there by sucking, and as stressful as it is to play a game where you have to kick someone's face in, the later levels in any Diner Dash game have the capability to give people heart attacks.

With that being said, today's cross stitch pattern is of Flo, from Diner Dash! When I posted my Art of Fighting pattern last week, I was sort of joking about doing a series of posts on video game girls who work in restaurants, since I wasn't sure anyone else wanted to see the Flo pattern, but after Dawn commented about it on the entry, I decided that it certainly wouldn't be the strangest thing I've done with this blog. I have one other video game restaurateur in mind right now- Jam, from Guilty Gear- and I'm sure I'll think of more as I go. If you guys can think of any of them, too, let me know! It might be fun, and since I'm only thinking of characters from time management games and 2D fighters, it would certainly help to round things out. For today, though, Flo is the pattern du jour, so please enjoy!























For this pattern, I used the image from the box art of Diner Dash: Flo on the Go, since I thought that it was cute, and because it was a little warm on the day when I made the pattern, I wanted something that looked a little summery, too. Using the in-game sprite for a pattern probably would have been more practical, and it certainly would have been smaller. I like making portrait-style patterns, though, and I think that the bold outline will look quite nice when it's stitched, even if it has the potential to be really time consuming, and the colors should be bright and well-varied enough to keep that part of it interesting, too! Plus, I like the lei and sunglasses with her standard waitress outfit, and I think that they ought to add some variety to the pattern.

Anyway, if you decide to do some sort of craft with this pattern, let me know, and I'll write about it here! For now, however, I'm done posting, since I went to Iowa twice this weekend and, as a result, feel a little wobbly headed and sleepy. I have quite a reserve of patterns built up, so even if I don't have another post in the virtual restaurant girls series for a little bit, I will have a new post soon! Until then, have a good start to your week and be careful to stay out of truck stops if Lady Gaga is in the kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. Yipee!!
    Plans to stitch this!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'd want to sticth it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG What a cute pattern. She looks like my cousin Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Diner Dash love!
    I remember enjoying playing this game. Even casual, some games are great indeed. And Flo looks cute too :D

    ReplyDelete