Monday, May 10, 2010

An Over-Long Rant, Plus A Really Small Princess Zelda Cross Stitch Pattern

Hello! As you may have gathered from the title of this blog post, today's pattern is a companion piece to the patten featured in last week's posting, "A Really Big Princess Zelda Cross Stitch Pattern." I probably should have posted it sooner, since it's not like I lacked the time to copy and paste the pattern and its description into a .jpeg file, but I'd rather use the fact that I went to see movies and local bands as an excuse and say that it was totally impossible for me to post the pattern when I was spending two to three hours watching things on certain days, since everyone knows how absolutely exhausting it is to pay attention to stuff that's happening right in front of you. It's not a valid excuse, of course, but I think I put it quite nicely, so I'm going to half pretend that it works out.

At this point, the best thing to do would probably be to post the Zelda pattern and let everyone, including myself, get on with their lives, but instead, I'm going to rant about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the pattern! Last Thursday night, my sister and I went to see the midnight show of Iron Man 2, which was quite the experience. Though after seeing it, I'm not sure that I have very strong feelings toward the movie one way or another, both of us were impressed by Sam Rockwell's character, Justin Hammer, and though I'm not sure I can possibly be as enthusiastic about the subject as my sister is, cross stitch patterns of him will be on this blog in the very near future. What really stood out to me about the experience, however, is the fact that the guy sitting next to me brought in a big bag of Wendy's cheeseburgers and ate them all. It was irritating and weird and sort of gross, and I hope I never have to sit next to someone with a personal burger buffet at a movie again.I would have been able to disregard the wild laughter every time someone got punched, or people going, "OHHHHH!" at the screen when something bad happened, but it is difficult to ignore it when someone manages to sneak a bag of cheeseburgers into a movie theater and eats them all right next to you. They weren't even small cheeseburgers, and I am pretty sure it went so far that one of them was the bacon monstrosity that they have photos of in the restaurant window.
I wouldn't be so frustrated with the burger guy, but on Saturday night, I went with my sister and a friend of hers to see a couple of local bands (Eden and Less Than A Penny, both of which were quite entertaining), and even in a bar that, at least in its last incarnation, had food, everyone in attendance had the sense to not stand there and eat a bunch of burgers while the bands were on. People in the mosh pit sort of area rolled around on the floor and hit each other, but each and every one of them had the good sense not to drag a bunch of cheeseburgers over to the floor and jam them in their faces, one after another, as they wobbled their heads to the music. Part of that might have been because if you get hit in the stomach while moshing after eating a bunch of  burgers, you'd probably throw up on someone, but since you may be just likely to get hit in stomach if you take a bunch of burgers into a midnight showing of Iron Man 2, I still think that this is at least sort of a rational comparison.

Okay, I'm done now.

Anyway, today's cross stitch pattern here at Dork Stitch is one that I designed as part of an effort to make something Nintendo related, but still have it be sort of different, so even though it's a pattern of Princess Zelda, it's an original sprite, and since it was designed to be cross stitched, it's a pretty fast and easy to stitch project. The pattern itself started as a sprite of Samus, from the NES Metroid game, and when I started making it, I kind of wanted to end up with a pattern of Princess Peach. As I worked on the dress more and more, though, I started to realize that it looked more like Zelda, and, after my attempts to design a crown went really badly, I ended up disregarding the plan to make Peach altogether and just went with a Zelda pattern. I tried to make the color scheme match the way she looks in Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but if you prefer a different sort of Zelda, I left out shading, so the colors should be easy to change. Without any further ado, here is the pattern!




















I actually think the preview image on this pattern is pretty good, but since I've actually stitched this pattern before, I'm not going to turn down the chance to show off my finished work here! If you want to see a larger image of it, it's in my Deviant Art gallery at http://missy-tannenbaum.deviantart.com, but there's really not much more to it than this.
















I feel like I've done enough damage for now, so I'm going to leave this blog for the moment and come post something else within the next few days, hopefully without so much cheeseburger fueled rage! Until then, though, have a nice week and the best of luck with allergies and all of that sort of stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Man I agree thats just so wrong to bring in burgers! Yuck! If it was something you couldn't smell it wouldn't be so bad. Some days I sneak in dried pineapple but its not like anyone can smell it if sitting next to me. So I totally agree with your rant! You should have tattled... he could of gotten kicked out. Did you stay til after the credits and see the last clip? I'm confused on who its suppose to be... do you know?

    ReplyDelete