Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Really Big Princess Zelda Cross Stitch Pattern

Hello! I wasn't sure if I was going to post anything here today or not, but this morning, I was working a lot on a pattern of Princess Toadstool from a 1990 cross stitch flier. I am happy with my work on it so far, and am actually pretty close to being done, but for some reason, I really, really hate working on it. The pattern itself is large and unwieldy, the color key is incomplete and often wrong, meaning that I keep having to write in colors that I thought might end up working well for unlisted symbols, and on the actual chart, the same symbol is often used twice, with one use being in black and one being in dark pink, making it really difficult to read. (By the way, if any of you have this flier, titled "Super Star Mario and Princess Toadstool," printed by Plaid Enterprises, I have a full color key done for the Toadstool pattern that's looking fairly nice, if you're running into trouble stitching her.) Because of this, I have determined that although I'm going to finish her eventually, I'm not going to finish her tonight, so I want to make a pattern of some girl from an SNK fighting game to stitch onto plastic canvas and use up the rest of the day on. However, since I haven't yet chosen which character will be my victim, I'm posting on my blog while I make up my mind. Now that I've given an unreasonably complicated answer to a question no one was really asking, it's time to actually post today's pattern!

For today's cross stitch pattern here on Dork Stitch, I decided to post one of my favorite patterns that I've stitched recently, which is a monochrome picture of Princess Zelda from The Legend of Zelda games. Since it's only in one color, it's not the most exciting thing in the world to stitch, especially since she clocks in at 93 by 135 stitches. However, I didn't really get bored working on it, and it was fun to see the image take shape as I picked the project up and worked on it from time to time. Also, because this pattern is in the Wind Waker style and is, therefore, cute, it may have been much easier to continually work on than a non-cute monochrome pattern of a similar size and stitch count would have been. Before I go on too much about it, however, here is the actual pattern of the lovely Princess Zelda!





















Since I've not only written a paragraph about this pattern, but have also typed quite a bit on the pattern itself, I think my best option at this point would just be to shut up about Princess Zelda and get on with my life. Before I do that, however, I do want to show off and post my finished version of this pattern in all of its dark violet glory! If you're interested in seeing the full version of this, I have it here, in my Deviant Art gallery, but here is a charming thumbnail in a perfectly visible resolution!
















I think that I'm officially done posting for today, but, since I haven't said this for a while, if you stitch or otherwise craft this lovely Princess Zelda or any of the other patterns featured in this blog, let me know and I'll post about your dedication and crafting skills! Tonight, I'm going to go to a midnight showing of Iron Man 2, so I'm not sure if I'll post tomorrow, and if I do, you should all be warned that my writing will probably not be at its sharpest. I hope to post again very soon, though, and have a massive pile of patterns ready to go for when I do! Until then, I hope that all of you have a good weekend and will type at you again later!

4 comments:

  1. Nyaah, it's terrible to work on something with messed pattern XP I admire your patience, I'd probably leave it.
    And this Princess Zelda is lovely ^^. My sister (the DA PsychoPuffle) thinks so too, she made a feature for her watchers and put this in. It's in the bottom left panel on her page, but now she has so many widgets it's kinda hard to find, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I really enjoy the Wind Waker style. I haven't been to devart in ages but will go soon and fave this. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, I LOOOOOOVE her, Missy. Might have to carve out some time to stitch her. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya! Have you got any more of these lovely monochrome Zelda patterns? I've stitched Princess Zelda and Link and I'm going to stitch Medli as well. Would love to stitch some more! They're so cute^^

    ReplyDelete