Monday, June 28, 2010

A Brief Post Before Two Longer Ones Later This Week

Hello! I have two posts that I want to do later in the week, one of which is a feature post with some finished work and pictures of a prize I won from Dawn's contest, and the second of which is a very important post here at Dork Stitch that I will talk about a little bit later. Today, however, I had another Scott Pilgrim pattern ready to post, this time of Ramona, and didn't want to wait to put it up here, especially since the pattern wouldn't really fit on either of the other posts I'm planning. Before I spend too much time talking about why I plan to post this pattern and all of the pros and cons involved, though, here it actually is!















As you can probably tell, this pattern is very similar to the one of Knives I posted the last time I wrote on this blog, but I am currently stitching it and can vouch for the fact that she is proving much less of a pain to stitch. It's very fast, and the fact that it's only in one color means that you can keep it looking reasonably like the comic's original art while still having your work be totally unique! Anyway, I'm working on more patterns in this set, meaning that Scott Pilgrim is, in the sense that I'm doing a set of cross stitch patterns as fan art for it, this summer's Lucky Star, only the eyeballs are marginally less intimidating. They might end up being slightly spread out among requests and whatever other weird stuff strikes my fancy, but patterns in this set will be posted on a fairly regular basis. Before I'm done going on about the Scott Pilgrim cross stitch rubbish, though, I plan to use this opportunity to show off the cross stitch of last post's Knives Chau pattern that I completed last week!
















See? There it is! She looks a bit blue to me, but I suppose that's a natural consequence of being stitched in blue thread. Anyway, if you want to see the full sized image of this and read more weird artist comments, she's also on my Deviant Art page, very close to the top in all her cheap thread and plastic frame glory!

I'm almost done posting for today, but if you've actually stuck around until the end of this post, I wanted to let you guys know that this Saturday, July 3rd, is Dork Stitch's second annual Heal Slime day! The first annual post dedicated to this extremely helpful monster from the Dragon Quest series was rather minor, but this year, I want things to be a lot more exciting, so if any of you readers have any Heal Slime related fan art or projects or anecdotes or anything to share, let me know before Saturday so that we can have the greatest annual Heal Slime day yet! Until then, keep watching for a post full of finished stitchings and lovely photos and have an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment