Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another Scott Pilgrim Pattern? It's Lucky Star All Over Again!

Hello! Tonight, I ate a bunch of candy and lemon bars and, on top of that, took my inhaler, which makes me feel ultra-perky, so I'm having a little trouble sitting still, meaning that this may not be the longest post ever here at this blog. I've shoved on a pair of headphones in an effort to keep myself in front of the computer, though, so hopefully, I can get something accomplished!

The first thing that I want to say today is that soon, I have an awesome post about stuff people have stitched from patterns on this blog, featuring a variety of really nice work from some extremely talented cross stitchers on Deviant Art, along with a harsh rebuttal to the July 3rd celebration of Heal Slime Day. However, I plan to use perler beads to make the gold stars for this post, and since I believe the technical temperature during the afternoon as of late is 900 degrees with 700 percent humidity, I have not gotten around to doing anything that requires an iron for a while. I have not forgotten about any of it, though, and will have a really cool post with bright colors and pretty pictures quite soon!

The second order of business for today, which should lead into the rest of the post quite nicely, is that the Scott Pilgrim patterns I posted in the last few weeks were featured on DorkAdore.com, a really cool website that was disappointing only in that it gave a link to a free Doctor Who game that only people in the UK are allowed to download! (I should have known it would happen after being fully aware of the fact that the BBC also won't allow me to download the Radio One chart show podcast, though I look forward to the promised July US release of the games.) I would like to thank Katie, the author of the article, very much for referring to me as a "needle-wielder extraordinaire," since it makes me sound way more dangerous than I really am, and for the article as a whole! It was really cool, and I really appreciate it! Plus, it gave me two more things to sit around and type about, for which I am always grateful.

The first of these things is that the article mentions that a photo of a finished version of the Ramona pattern hasn't shown up here yet, which is because, despite my intentions to finish her within a couple of days, she has not actually been completed yet. This afternoon, I sat down and watched a two and a half hour movie, and worked on Ramona the entire time that it was on, which means that significant progress was made on the project. Unfortunately for that project, the movie was Jackie Brown, which served to remind me that I also hadn't finished an anime style cross stitch of Elle Driver from Kill Bill, since both were directed by Tarantino, so after the movie was over, poor Ramona got set aside again, since I have it in my head that Elle can be finished within a couple of days and will also be the awesom-est cross stitch ever. She should be finished eventually, though!

In a much more productive turn of events, this article also reminded me that I had a third cross stitch pattern in the Scott Pilgrim set to post! Strangely enough, it is of Scott Pilgrim himself, which I know is totally illogical. It is not the last pattern that will be in the set, since there are at least two more that I'd like to do charts for, but it is the one that will be posted here today! Without any further meaningless yabbering, here is the pattern!





















Just like the two Scott Pilgrim patterns that preceded this, it is a single color pattern of about 75 by 60, so I can't really say anything about its easy of stitching that I didn't go on about when I posted Knives or Ramona. What I can say, however, is that if you decide to stitch this or any of the other patterns featured on this blog, I would love to see your finished project and will gladly shove it into one of my needlessly chatty feature posts!

Anyway, I'm leaving this blog for now, to work on more cross stitch patterns and play Burger Rush, which is my very favorite hamburger themed match-3 time management game, hopefully until I feel relaxed enough to pass out! I have a ton of patterns waiting to go, including, as always, some SNK stuff, a really odd Princess Toadstool, and piles of quick to stitch Vocaloids, among many other things. Until my next post, though (and after, since it's not like I'm wishing things to start going very poorly for you at that point) I hope that all of you have a nice week and continue to enjoy the summer, or the winter, depending on what hemisphere you're in!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Scott Pilgram patterns. I just read the first 2 volumes (And will probably pick up another this weekend) so these will be fun to stitch eventually.

    ReplyDelete