Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Disjointed Post Ending in a Spice and Wolf Cross Stitch Pattern

Hello! Last night I had a very strange dream that my family got a Slime, like in Dragon Quest, as a pet, and all it wanted to do was go to the fair. By the time we got it, though, the county fair was over, and we felt so bad for the poor thing that we promised to take it to the state fair. It got very frustrated and informed us that the state fair was a big joke, though, after which it decided to learn how to fly. While all of that was going on, though, my sister and I found a pile of novels written in the 50s that mirrored the plot of the Scott Pilgrim comics, pop culture references and all. We were very suspicious, especially since the wood carving illustrations matched the character designs in the comics, and a little disappointed that even though we'd read the books in grade school, we didn't recognize the similarities at all. Since the author was named Brian Day O'Malley, though, we decided the whole comic series had been an homage and let something go. I think a good part of this dream took place on the roof of a castle, too, but can't remember it clearly enough to be sure.

Anyway, since most of my dreams are about getting up and eating breakfast as I watch the news, I just thought I'd share that bit of excitement with you guys.

Another bit of chattering that I want to do before posting the cross stitch pattern all of you guys are here for is in regards to a massive pile of writing that I've done for the illustrious MyGamer.com in the past week! Though two of these pieces are the standard reviews in which I beat my head into a wall and wonder how certain games got released (in regards to Wipeout: The Game for Wii and Monkey Madness: Island Escape for DS), one of them is a full essay on the seedy underside of the delightful online game Tinier Me, found at this link! If you're a member of TinierMe.com, I'm fairly certain that you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, but if not, you should ready it anyway because I asked you to real pretty and such.

I am now done recounting my dreams and spewing spam, so it is time for the Spice and Wolf cross stitch pattern promised in this post's title! I've been reading the novels that Spice and Wolf is based on, by Isuna Hasekura, and really enjoy them, so regardless of the fact that I've never read the manga or seen the anime, I wanted to do a cross stitch pattern for Holo, the female lead. I considered making a pattern of her where she was pretty and smiling, like she belonged on a book cover or a DVD case, but it didn't really seem fitting, so instead, I made this.

If you're tired of anime cross stitch patterns where the featured character looks like she doesn't mind being embroidered on fabric and shoved on your wall, then this is the pattern for you! It might take a little bit to stitch, since it's about 70 stitches tall, and since the color scheme is pretty precise, I would recommend looking for the listed floss colors, though I'm sure they're still not that hard to fake. Still, I think that Holo should be fun to stitch, especially since she looks really annoyed  and her hair is nifty.

I'm out of things to say for now, so I'm going to quit typing rather soon. If you decide to stitch Holo, though, let me know! I'd love to see how she turns out. Anyway, I hope that all of you have a good week, and will post here again rather soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that's an awesome dream! XD
    And the Holo pattern is great too, totally fitting her character. I only watched the anime though.

    ReplyDelete