Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Post To Calmly Assure Myself Of Control

Hello! I am slightly agitated, as I will soon explain, so I wanted to come and post here because it sounded like a nice and relaxing thing to do. If I'd posted quickly, I would have gone on a crazy-person rant, as I am prone to do, so there will be a cross stitch pattern to reward your patience for coming here and seeing a tired person's typing. In fact, it is the fourth piece in the set of Scott Pilgrim monochrome portrait patterns, featuring Wallace Wells, so hopefully, you guys will like it! Still, I want to ramble a little before posting it, so please feel free to skim the following text, if you are so inclined.

Anyway, I have just been notified that another blog is called Dork Stitch, and that they even have this as their domain name. I know that I should not be frustrated, because the internet is a big place, and people have freedom, but I still sort of am. The blog began in May 2010, nearly a year after this one began, and since I checked to make sure no one else had this blog name before I went and used it, I thought it was common practice. I do not feel it is an option to change my blog's name, since it is in the web address and has been used in several features from kind websites, and even Nintendo Power, so I am not sure what I will do. The other blogger paid for the domain name, though, so that complicates things further. I do not think the other person did this on purpose, either, since they seem very nice and are in several of the same groups that I am on Deviant Art. Regardless of this, I sort of have the feeling that I would like to pound my face into the wall directly behind my computer, which I really ought to get rid of. A broken nose would be bad on its own, but if I caused such injury in such an idiotic manner, I am pretty sure that I'd regret it.

I am not sure if anyone would be more clear on this matter than I am, but if anyone has any advice, I would be very glad to listen! Thank you for any comments or things like that in advance!

So, now that I am done with that, it is time for today's cross stitch pattern! Much like Scott, Ramona, and Knives before him, Wallace is designed in only one color, meaning that he should be fairly quick and easy to stitch, which the character would probably make some sort of joke about. Before I talk too much about it, however, here is your fourth Dork Stitch Scott Pilgrim portrait pattern!


If you decide to stitch Wallace, or any of the other patterns here, for that matter, let me know, and I'll gladly feature your work right here! There's a lengthy features post coming up, and I would love for more people to be a part of it! Until my next post, however, which I'm sure will be fairly soon, I hope that all of you have a great rest of the week!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the person that bought the domain name, and no I did not know of you before hand.

    I understand the frustrations of someone "taking" your online presence and did not do this on purpose. I simply took 2 words that described what I did and mashed them together, and low and behold the name was not registered.

    I am willing to give you the domain if you would like to cover the cost of the registration for the year. I really do not want to just stop using it as I really wanted to get into blogging about my favorite hobby.

    But if this will become an issue that will get me shunned from the community, please just let me know what you would like me to do about it.

    You can reach me on dA or you can email me directly at me@dorkstitch.com and I am sure we can come to some sort of understanding.

    I have already been attacked it seems on dA for "stealing" your name. I wish people would ask questions before slandering people.... really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I deleted the wrong comment!!
    He kindly messaged me back.... saying it was an accident --

    Your still the original Dorky Stitcher!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when I search dork stitch on google, this site comes up first. Money should not be the reason why one site should stay up instead of another. I don't know the whole story but I personally don't see a problem with both staying up, let the readers decide and I would add a tag saying "the original dorky stitcher"

    ReplyDelete