Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Post Contains a Pattern of a Mini-Poster of Athena From the King of Fighters Games

Hello! It's 11 o'clock on a Tuesday night, so it's as good a time as any for me to sit down at the computer desk in my kitchen and start typing away at a new blog post! Most of this is motivated by my desire to actually accomplish something today, though it could be argued that my making stuff out of Perler beads or jamming cross stitches that I'd already finished onto an adhesive piece of cardboard constitutes useful behavior. If you want to see the stuff I shoved onto the cardboard, it can be found by clicking on this magical colored text. If not, your loss by not looking at it will only be paralleled by my desperate disappointment. It seemed like as good an idea as any to finish the day off by putting something here, though, so here you go!

The Dork Stitch cross stitch pattern for today is, shockingly enough, from an SNK fighting game, and, even more alarmingly, features Athena Asamiya, a character which has certainly never shown up here before. (Actually, patterns of her have been featured in three other posts here at Dork Stitch, and before this post, she was tied with Mai Shiranui and Princess Zelda as this blog's most prominent character. If she weren't a fictional character, I would congratulate her on pulling ahead of the pack.) This pattern is a bit different from the others of her, however, in that rather than being a full body sprite, it's a poster of her taken from the background of an 8-bit bootleg of King of Fighters '96. Because the pattern comes from a sprite from an 8-bit game, it remained fairly simple even after being recolored, so I don't think she'll be that difficult to stitch. Plus, I think it would be fun to have a miniature poster of a fictional pop star taken from a fake version of game, though that logic might only be valid in my fevered brain. Since I don't have much more to say about this pattern, however, here is Athena!

I've run out of illogical run-on sentences to type about cross stitching, or anything else for that matter, so I am going to go play an outdated game about kicking people in the face until I fall asleep at the Playstation. I should be back and posting again soon, though, so all of you have the glittering prose that will be involved in such an event to look forward to. Until then, if you decide to use Athena, or any other pattern on this blog, for your future craft project, let me know, and I will write about your wondrous accomplishments right here at Dork Stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment