Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today's Cross Stitch Pattern Is Mudkip

Hello! If you haven't gathered what today's post here at Dork Stitch is about from reading the title, it would be my guess that you haven't actually read the title! In case you're too stubborn to go back and do that at this point, however, today's post is all about Mudkip, since I have a spiffy cross stitch pattern of the delightful Pokemon to post here!

Admittedly, the popular "i herd you liek mudkipz" meme is what drew the attention of many to this unsuspecting Pokemon, and for good reason. The story is bizarre and rather inappropriate, and, to top it all off, misspelling things is funny. My favorite Mudkip story, however, is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon manga that one of my brothers has. It's for kids, so there's nothing quite like the popular meme contained in it, but it outdoes that with extreme cuteness. The Mudkip in it, which is the best friend of the main character, who I don't remember anything about, is really dumb, but really enthusiastic, and though the jokes about it being unable to recall basic math facts or thinking that training involves playing with toys really should get old, especially considering that I'm 23, not 5, they never really seemed to do so. Plus, in it, the Mudkip rides a rocking horse that looks like a Ponyta while yelling, "Yay!" in what I think is the single cutest frame I've ever seen in a manga, which doesn't really hurt matters.

As I've been typing this, I've realized that I can't remember any plot points or characters in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon manga other than the Mudkip, which leads me to believe that it either wasn't very good or that I wasn't reading very carefully, or that maybe a combination of both is involved. Before I start typing away about other forgettable comics, however, here is today's lovely Mudkip cross stitch pattern!

For those of you reading this who were frequent visitors to Little Mojo's Anime Cross Stitch Patterns, this Mudkip probably looks familiar, since I'd submitted it to the site and it spent quite a bit of time on her hosted patterns page. Since that site is no more, however, this rather large pattern deserved a new home, leading to this Mudkip themed post! Although it is a rather large chart, compared to a lot of stuff that I have here, I think that the only issue with actually stitching this pattern would be getting sick of bright blue floss. The design, having been taken from a screenshot from the Pokemon anime, is rather simple, and the colors are basic enough that trading the suggested ones for floss or other supplies from your personal stash should not prove difficult at all. Plus, since it's a Mudkip, stitching it should be automatically delightful, so it does have that going for it.

I think that I've typed quite enough about Mudkip for the night, so I'm off to my next internet time waster! If you're desperately wishing to read a review of a Wii port of some old Sega arcade games, though, check out my review of Gunblade NY and L.A. Machineguns: Arcade Hits Pack over at My Gamer! Until my next post, have a nice week and good luck with any of your crafting related endeavors!

1 comment:

  1. I have a huge soft spot for arcade/gallery-style shooters, ever since Hogan's Alley on the NES, so whenever I come across one, I have to resist an urge to go out and get it right away. For that one, I think you're right, the graphics on the first game haven't aged well (they don't even have a kitsch factor to them), but the second one looks great (I love the flying motorcycles). Still, 30USD is a bit steep. If it were 20, that would be squarely in "impulse" territory. In any case, I still haven't even unwrapped my copy of RE: Darkside Chronicles, so I've got my work cut out for me before I head towards Gunblade.

    The whole Mudkipz meme completely passed me by. Then again, outside of the films, most everything pokemon-related flies under my radar. I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Pokemon Snap, of course, especially if it had some kind of online component.

    ReplyDelete