Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The End of the 8-Bit Dragon Quest VIII Set

Hello! I'm spending my cloudy and gray afternoon drinking diet soda and listening to BBC Radio One off of the satellite dish, and coming here and posting to this blog seemed like the perfect compliment to these activities! I don't have any thrilling or shocking patterns to post here, though I'm pretty sure that whatever I could come up with to fit that would be terrifying, since the first thing that popped into my head was an intricate blackwork pattern of some guy who'd had his head cut off. I do, however, have the last two patterns in the 8-bit Dragon Quest VIII set of patterns to post here today, so at least it's something!

Before I post these, I have to say that they've been sitting on my hard drive for over a month and a half, so the entire set has been stitched by fellow nerd-friendly cross stitch blogger Dawn, as can be seen below (and at her super-cool Deviant Art page, if you want the full scope of the image).

Since I was rather pleased with how these patterns came out on paper and, if Dawn's stitching is any indication, think that they look nifty stitched, too, I am not sure why I forgot making these patterns. The reason why they didn't get posted at first is most likely that I was really lazy or unable to create a coherent sentence the day that I made the sprites and got them charted. I remembered them the other day, though, is because I was playing Dragon Quest IV and started thinking about tiny versions of all of the characters as I sat around, stuck in a long battle made even more tedious by the fact that I'd accidentally used that stupid spell that turns all of your party members into metal for several turns. When I thought about that, however, I remembered that I'd done a pattern of Jessica from VIII to go with one I'd done of Meena from IV back in January, which reminded me that this whole set existed.

Exciting stories like that are the reason that you come to this blog, aren't they?

At any rate, in order to get the whole set easily accessible from this post, I just want to add some links to let you know that both Hero and Jessica have been posted here in the past, matching today's lovely patterns of Angelo and Yangus! I made a slight modification to the Angelo pattern today from where it stood when I originally sent Dawn the pattern, making the suggested floss colors for his gloves a bit more gray than green, but other than that, these patterns are the same as those pictured above! They should be quick to stitch and excellent for using up spare strings of floss, so I hope you like them.

Well, since I have today's patterns posted, I suppose that I'm done for now, but I will be back with more rubbish to post soon! Until then, I hope that all of you are having a decent November and a pleasant day!

1 comment: