Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sprite Pattern December Day 9: More Sailor Scouts!

Hello! Today is going to be a rather pattern-heavy post here at Dork Stitch, though I certainly don't have any problem with that. On yesterday's post, which featured Sailor Moon, I got a comment in regards to posting more of the Sailor Scouts (Thanks, Amanda! Thamanda!), so today, I have charts for three more of them! It's by no means complete, since I thought posting all of them at once would be somewhat excessive, but hopefully, three will be enough for this post. I plan on doing multiple pattern posts until all of the characters are up, so hopefully, they'll all be on the blog in good time. For today, however, here are the sprite patterns for the Sailors Mercury, Mars, and Venus!
As you can probably see from the pattern thumbnails, none of these are outside of the pattern-a-day December norm, meaning they'd be great stitched as a set, especially once I get Sailor Jupiter up tomorrow! They were fun to design, too, since it was interesting to try and differentiate the characters from each other when all of them were basically wearing the same outfit. The shoes got to be more important than one might expect. I think that of these three, Sailor Mercury came out the best, though. I don't really have any concrete reasoning for this opinion, but I think I might stitch her pretty soon.

Speaking of actually stitching these patterns, this weekend's Leela was once again cross stitched, this time by
DawnMLC! Her version can be viewed in full on her Deviant Art page, at this link, but the extremely neat stitching and nice work can be seen clearly in the thumbnail below. Plus, I cannot overstate the fact that by declining to use glitter floss for Leela's hair, she probably cut the stitching time and frustration in half for a finished project that looks more than a bit tidier. Please enjoy Dawn's lovely cross stitched Leela!
For today, I am out of stuff to post about, but tomorrow, I will have more Sailor Scouts and perhaps more finished work to post! Until then, have a nice day and good luck with any crafts you're currently attempting to complete!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So cute! I love Sailor Mercury, she's always been my favorite and your sprite is just fantastic. I can't wait to see what you come up with for the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete