Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sprite Patterns December Day 12: Etna

It's day 12 of the Dork Stitch Custom Sprite Cross Stitch Pattern a Day December Event, which, despite the fact that it sounds like an exciting and cool event in an MMORPG, the sort where you might be able to get exclusive clothing for your character and other nifty things, is not really all that thrilling at all. That's not to say I'm not enjoying doing these posts, as I really do like making all of these sprites and posting charts of them, but it's not exactly edge-of-your-seat blogging. I am not sure I want to be involved in edge-of-your-seat blogging, though, since it would either involve massive amounts of stress or a really uncomfortable desk chair, so I'm happy with this the way it is.

Anyway, yesterday marked the current end of the Sailor Moon pattern set, and for today, I promised a pattern of a not quite as nice video game character as a follow up. Although this doesn't sound like a very concrete statement, I'd actually been planning to use this post for a pattern of Etna, from Disgaea, for a few days now. It was sort of difficult to make the pattern, since she's a more detailed character than a lot of them I've done, but in the end, I decided to cut some of the belts and buckles and such and think that it turned out to be a decent representation of the character. Here is the pattern, though, so you can judge it for yourself!
Though I'm currently working on the Kensou and Athena pattern that I posted last week, I'm hoping to get that done with tonight and start stitching this Etna as soon as possible! I've actually never made the character before, so it should be fun. I hope that the rest of you are weathering your respective winter storms well, if you're having to deal with them today, and doing well with whatever craft projects you're currently working on! I'll be back again tomorrow with yet another pattern post, though I'm not quite sure who it'll be yet. It'll be a really lame surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Cute pattern!! :)
    Well the snow is ruining my stitching time!!
    Well sort of!! I stitched a few hours today. My arms are jelly!! We do have a snow blower but they don't do well in wet snow. It is cooler now so it won't be as heavy!!

    ReplyDelete