Friday, December 17, 2010

Sprite Patterns December Day 17: Cake Mania!

Hello! It's the 17th day of sprite patterns December here at Dork Stitch, meaning that the month is officially over halfway done without my having run out of things to post! A lot of that is because of reader suggestions and requests, for which I am very grateful, which led to today's pattern of Jill from Cake Mania, as suggested by Tama! Though I don't have very much to say about the game itself, this pattern was really fun to make, especially when it came to dealing with her hair. I was actually a little worried about making the poor girl look too much like Amy Winehouse, though in the end, I decided that as long as she wasn't in a tiny dress and hanging on to an armload of illegal substances, she would be fine. You can decide how strong the resemblance is by taking a look at the pattern for yourself, though, so here it is!
With that posted, it's time for me to move on to the completely self-serving display of one of my own stitched pieces from this month! The pattern I chose this time was of Elle Driver from Kill Bill, which I posted earlier this week, and it ended up being pretty amusing to stitch. You can see it in full at my Deviant Art page, but really, this thumbnail should be good enough to see what it all looks like.

I'm out of shiny new content for today, so I'm off to work on the patterns for tomorrow's ever so exciting Street Fighter patterns day! Until then, however, I hope that all of you have a good, or at least not boring, start to your weekends!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, she's cute! I was wondering how you'd do her hair :D If I get home in time this evening, I'm going to stitch her.
    Nice stitching, yourself, of Elle! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stitched her! She's on my blog if you want to see/use the pic. She was fun!

    ReplyDelete