Friday, December 24, 2010

Sprite Patterns December Day 24: Some of the Girls From Scott Pilgrim

Hello, everyone! As some of you in similar time zones to my own may have noticed, today is Christmas Eve, which I have so far found to be a relaxing event. So far today, I have eaten breakfast, cross stitched, and eaten lunch, while in the next room, my sister is attempting to finished at least half of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in one day, which I wish her good luck with! I think it shows more ambition than I've got today. For now, though, I'm doing some stuff for this blog, both for today and tomorrow! Since today is Christmas Eve, I wanted to have a rather nice post, or at least one with patterns that people would actually want to stitch, so I spent way more time than I should have thinking about it. In the end, however, I decided it would be fun to post a few Scott Pilgrim vs. the World themed sprite patterns, featuring Knives, Ramona, and Kim. It seemed like it would be quite appropriate to make them look like characters from a 16-bit RPG, and the fact that I think Scott Pilgrim is awesome certainly didn't hurt the decision any. I was relatively happy with how these patterns came out, too. The outfit I used for Kim is pretty standard, I think, while the Ramona one is from the cover of one of the comics, as suggested by my sister when I was making it a couple of months ago. The outfit for Knives is a little less common, since she was wearing it in the comic and I just sort of made the colors up as I went, but it was still fun to work on, so I hope it's relatively recognizable! Before I go on and on about boring details for too long, though, here are today's patterns!


Since I'm going to go and work on tomorrow's post right away, I'm done for right now, but am still taking character requests and would love to see any craft projects you guys use these patterns for! Also, I want to thank you guys for all of the comments yesterday. I'm glad you all liked the patterns so well! Other than that, however, I'd like to wish all of you a happy holiday of your choice and an excellent Friday night and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment