Monday, December 27, 2010

Sprite Patterns December Day 27: Tekken, Yet Again

Hello! My post for today isn't going to be very long or exciting, but on Saturday (I think), I got a request for a pattern of Jin Kazama from Tekken thanks to jokeonly, so I have two new Tekken patterns for today's post! At first, I thought making the chart would be rather easy, but from early attempts at it, I learned an important lesson, which is that making shirtless guys in this sprite style is a next to impossible proposition without making them look slightly Gumby-esque. Because of this, I have to admit that I sort of wussed out and decided to use his Tekken 4/Namco x Capcom outfit, which, even though I think it's cooler, is a little less recognizable. I still think it turned out all right, though, and, feeling empowered by having pixeled the flames on his hoodie and sweatpants, decided to do a pattern of Ling Xiaoyu in her Tekken 4 outfit to match. I'd never tried to do a floral dress at such a small scale before, so I thought it might be fun to give it a shot, and, for the most part, I think it worked. Here are the patterns, though, so you can judge their quality (or lack thereof) for yourself!


At the moment, I don't have any finished work to post (though I stitched a Chun-Li that I suppose I should eventually scan), so I am done for today! On yesterday's post, however, I got a request from Tama for a pattern of Sephiroth, so I think that tomorrow, I will do a Final Fantasy VII themed pattern post! If there are any other characters in particular you'd like to see, let me know, because otherwise, I'll just make one of Sephiroth and a couple of other random characters. As long as I'm on the game, however, I might as well be making the characters people actually want to stitch tiny versions of, right?

3 comments:

  1. Please add Reno, then?
    And today's patterns are really cute! I like the flames & especially the flowers - it's neat the way it's obvious what they are even though they're tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would second Tama - a tiny Reno to go with my own Reno pattern would be cool!

    I think you should do Cid - no one does Cid (not even me!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Missy. Thank you so much. That was super quick! Jin will be the first thing I'll stitch in the new year and also the first I'll be doing in a long while.
    Have a safe and prosperous new year!

    ReplyDelete