Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Two Kirby Character Patterns and Chatter About A WIP

Hello! I just posted here yesterday, but today, I got a couple of slightly larger cross stitch charts done and ready to go, so it seemed reasonable enough to post again today, as long as I had something to actually put up. Today's patterns are of characters from Kirby, since my dad found the instruction book for Kirby's Avalanche in the back room and it was in good condition and full of fairly large character portraits just waiting to be scanned. I really liked making these charts, so I plan to do quite a few of these in the near future, for your Kirby stitching pleasure, but for today, here are some patterns of Meta Knight and Waddle Dee! Both of them are pretty simple, since Kirby isn't really a series known for its detailed and intricate character designs, so if you don't have the colors called for on hand, anything relatively close to what's listed should work. They are a little more substantial than the sprite patterns I've been posting, too, so if you want something that could take a couple of days to stitch, these might work nicely! Here are the charts so you can see them for yourselves, though.

With today's patterns posted, I don't have anyone's finished work to show off right now, but since I like reading about the stuff that other people are working on, I thought it might be sort of cool to post about my own WIP. A couple of months ago, I decided that it would be interesting to try and stitch a really big fighting game sprite. I've done tons of sprites from older Neo Geo fighting games, which seems impressive enough when they're done, but with the spiffy looking new King of Fighters games that come out for XBox360 and PS3, I thought I might try to stitch one of the new character sprites. After some deliberation that pretty much consisted of me going, "Geez, her boobs are terrifying!" or "I don't want to stitch that school uniform, it looks boring," I settled on stitching Yuri Sakazaki's sprite from the upcoming King of Fighters XIII, whuich measures about 94 by 203 stitches, with 37 floss colors. It's pretty big, so I'm stitching it on 18-count Aida. Here is what I've got stitched so far, shown in a lovely crooked scan.

Since my attention span isn't the best, I'm probably not as far on this project as I should be, but I've picked her up again and am hoping to get it done relatively soon! The fact that it's so detailed makes it more interesting to stitch than some things I've worked on, and if I do at least a little bit of stitching a day, it's better than nothing. Still, I thought if I posted it on here, I might somehow stay on track better than I would otherwise, so there she is!

With all of that said and done, I'm out of stuff to post for today, so I shall be posting again soon! I have a list of requests to work on for sprite patterns, which should be fun, though I might end up getting them done wildly out of order, and plan to continue with the set of Kirby patterns very soon, too. If you stitch the patterns from today or any other day, let me know to be featured here, but other than that, I hope you are all having a good day or night and doing relatively well!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she looks really good! You do VERY nice work!!! I don't stitch big patterns that quickly; she would take me a loooooong time!

    Thanks for putting up the pic of Sephiroth - he turned out so cute! I'm thinking of stitching him again sometime, only with rayon for his clothes and hair. Just for the heck of it.

    ReplyDelete