Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Final Fantasy VII Sprite Cross Stitch Pattern Set Returns From Hiatus

Hello! It has been ages since the initial requests for these patterns started coming in, but today's post here at Dork Stitch is dedicated to two more entries in the set of Final Fantasy VII sprite patterns! A lot of characters have been mentioned, and I am going to try to get all of them done within a reasonable amount of time, but for today, I have patterns for Cloud and Kadaj, because Cloud is the main character, and when I was deciding which ones to make, Kadaj was a name which was difficult to forget. There's not too much to say about the patterns themselves, since they're pretty typical of the Phantasy Star II style patterns, except with more pixel belts randomly tossed around their outfits. On the Cloud chart, though, there are two shades of dark gray in his clothing, which I thought looked nice, but is really pretty unnecessary, so if you've only got one of them sitting around, it doesn't matter at all if you fold one shade into the other. Other than that, though, they ought to be fast and easy to stitch, so I hope that they prove to be worthy additions to the FFVII set for all of you who have been stitching these or plan to do so!


Well, with those two patterns up, I don't have too much to say, but I do hope to get a couple more in this set done relatively soon! The next two might be waylaid by my posting a different pattern type, or a bigger pattern, probably from a franchise or anime way less people are interested in, but they will materialize. If you have any requests for Final Fantasy VII characters you'd like to see all dinky like this, or pattern requests of any other type, let me know and I will do my best to make them for you! Until then, however, I hope you are having a good week and will be posting again soon!

7 comments:

  1. ♥ Oh how cute :D
    Can't wait to see the others
    Must stitch these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Cool!
    May I request Volg from FFF:Chocob's Dungeon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *happy dance* Totally made my day! Good Kadaj's name just stuck in the mind :D I've just tried to stitch them, but I'm not absolutely ok with the colors I randomly picked from my box ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  4. *printsimmediately*
    I love them! and I really like Cloud's two-tone bit :D Luckily I do have the flosses, for I am determined to stitch him that way.
    Thanks so much for these - you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PHANTASY STAR! I knew the art style looked so familiar. Pretty sweet though. I'm not sure I approve of the extra-belted Cloud but it's your work, so do what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! Cloud!! FFVII!! Thank You! Off to stitching

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha love FF7 so many fond memories!

    ReplyDelete