Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Fancy Sprite of Yuri Sakazaki Is Finally Cross Stitched!

Hello! Today is probably not going to be the most informative post that I've ever made at Dork Stitch, but I've finally finished the WIP of Yuri Sakazaki's official sprite from King of Fighters XIII that I was showing off here last month, so I decided to post a photo of the finished project, too. It took way longer than it should have to cross stitch, since I have a very poor attention span, but after several months and the added encouragement of mass stitching from Joysze, of Random Ramblings, and her International Stitch and Hermit Day, I've managed to stitch a sprite from an HD fighting game! In terms of size, she was 203 pixels high and stitched on 18-count Aida cloth, making her 11.25 inches tall, with 36 different colors of DMC embroidery floss, though some of them are difficult to see in the finished project. Still, it's probably the most elaborate thing I've made, and I, luckily, am pretty happy with it. In fact, my sister, who I think will be featured here herself rather soon, deemed it "crazy good" this morning. Of course, Yuri had no top half of her head at that point, so that may change everything. I will let you guys judge for yourself with this photo of the cross stitch, though!

That was sort of all I had for right now, so I'll be back here with a more normal post before too long! Until then, I hope that you guys have had a good weekend where you accomplished some sort of goal you thought might be nifty to meet!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing! So many colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - that's a wee bit more than a Sprite! She looks great, congratulations on your finish! I am completely enamoured of her shoes, for some reason...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too sweet. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this. The shading and detail is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete