Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Backstitch Only Pattern of Queen Emeraldas, Because I Know the World Was Dying For That

Hello! Tonight is one of those nights where, despite the fact that it is late and I don't really have anything to say, I have made up my mind to do a post here, and, therefore, I am typing away into the Blogger posting window with the eventual goal of putting some sort of craft pattern on the Internet. The easiest explanation for this is that my sister and I are currently watching Voltron and Robotech on Netflix, since both shows are very entertaining. I know that this doesn't sound like it could lead to the posting of cross stitch patterns, but a while ago, at the local mall, a sporting goods store was trying to sell off their comics, and I got a Robotech comic out of their 99 cent bin. In the same bin, they had some old Star Blazers comics, and I also got one of those, which I used as a reference for a backstitched project that I did of Queen Emeraldas, the pattern for which is what I'm posting tonight!

It is entirely possible that the world may have been a better place before I let everyone know how my brain worked.

Anyway, I thought this would be a cool pattern to post because it's really fast to stitch and, at least in my opinion, looks sort of cool, like a tiny frame from a manga. I got both of the stitched models pictured on the pattern itself done in one morning, despite my somewhat ill-advised choice to try stitching with craft thread on 14-count Aida. It didn't come out too badly, but it was a massive pain. I think the biggest problem with it is that, as a graphed version of a drawing I did based on a drawing someone else did of Queen Emeraldas, it's really simplified, but that's kind of why I liked it in the end. I'll let you decide how it looks for yourself, though, by finally shutting up and just posting the chart!

I don't have much else to post for now, so, since I think it's best to stop myself from rambling much more, I'd best be going! I hope that all of you have had a nice start to March and that the month continues to go well, especially in regards to all of your current crafting projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment