Monday, April 4, 2011

A Cross Stitch Pattern of a Samurai Shodown Character and Some Neat Finished Stitches From Readers

Hello! I hadn't intended to post anything today, since I hadn't yet decided what to post next, but when I went through my archives to see what I'd written about my monochrome pattern of Mina from Samurai Shodown, I realized that I hadn't actually posted it. Since the pattern was just sitting on my desktop, it seemed like it would be reasonable to put it online, meaning that I did have an excuse to post after all. It's a bit of a larger pattern than I normally put here, at over 100 stitches tall, but since it's in monochrome, it doesn't take long at all to stitch. Plus, the character design lent itself well to the style, since her giant ponytail and bows (one on her head, one for shootin' some arrows) make her identifiable and cool looking. Rather than go on and on about how I actually liked stitching this pattern (which can be seen as the sample image on the chart itself), however, I think I'll just post it!
With today's pattern posted, it's time to move on to the reason that I really wanted to post today, which is that I have some very nice finished work from a couple of readers to write about! Of the two pieces that I'm going to post today, I'm going to start with a couple of stitches from Deviant Art's Azureye, since I think writing about it will be slightly more complicated. All four of the stitches she chose to do here are very well done, but the penguin was designed by a magazine and the Chocobo pattern was from DawnMLC, which I wanted to make absolutely sure I stated before going any further, in order to avoid any confusion. The origami crane and Vincent Valentine in the center, however, are from Dork Stitch patterns, though the crane pattern was posted a really long time ago. It was really cool to see a pattern (and a non-fan art one, no less) from so long ago stitched, though, especially with such precise and tidy backstitching! If you'd like to see the full version of this image, complete with artist comments, please visit Azureye's Deviant Art page, but here is a smaller image of her stitching!
To follow that, another Deviant Art stitcher, Carand88, made her own version of the monochrome pattern of Princess Zelda that I posted last summer. I think it's probably one of the blog's most frequently stitched patterns, but I'm always amazed by how quickly people say they stitched her! My attention span is horrible, so it took me months to do this with all of the tiny projects I was doing in the middle, but according to Carand88, it was a short project, meaning that she is a new member of the long list of stitchers more focused than I am. Aside from all of that, however, the stitching is remarkably tidy and nice, making Princess Zelda look really well done. For a full view of this, check out Carand88's Deviant Art page, though a smaller version of the image is just below!
With both of those finished projects posted, I'm off for now, probably to work on some patterns to post at a later date. I have some things in reserve, so they might pop up later in the week, but if you guys have any pattern requests, let me know and I will try my best to make whatever it is you wanted for you! Until my next post, though, I hope your week has started well.

No comments:

Post a Comment