Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cross Stitch Sprite Patterns of the Cast of Ouran High School Host Club

Hello! Today I have no substitute teaching, a full set of patterns, and am not nearly as lazy as I was yesterday, so it seemed like the perfect afternoon to do a blog post! Before I get too far, I want to take a couple of sentences to promote the fact that Joyze, the blogger of Random Ramblings, (where you can find much better information on this than I have) has organized the latest in her series of International Stitch and Hermit weekends, in which you stitch stuff over the weekend, and then, on Monday, post a photo of whatever you got done on your blog. It's really fun, and even though I forgot about it last month, in January I stitched one of my sprite patterns of Team Rocket, and in February, I finished off a huge King of Fighters sprite I'd been working on. Hopefully, I'll manage to get something made during this month's stitching weekend, too!

With all of that set of chatter done with, I'm on to the next thing, which is today's Dork Stitch cross stitch patterns! Today I have for you some Phantasy Star II style sprite patterns of eight major characters from Ouran High School Host Club, including all of the host club's members and Renge. Since I'd started watching it with my sister, I wanted to make sprite patterns of the characters, since it looked like it would be fairly easy to make them all look nice, like when I made the cast of Sailor Moon for December's sprite patterns rush. It actually ended up being a little more difficult than that, since the lack of brightly colored and bizarre hairstyles made it slightly harder to find low-pixel methods to distinguish the boys from one another. Because of that, I tried my best to represent details like the way their shirts are buttoned and things like that, as well as including accessories in the case of a couple of characters, since it would be depressing to have a pattern of Honey without his bunny. In order to save printing paper, I also paired the sprites up to get it down to four pages in the event that you want all of them, meaning that the color key is a bit intimidating on the chart featuring Kyoya and Renge, even though the patterns themselves are no more or less complicated than normal.

In terms of the difficulty involved in stitching these, it shouldn't be any worse than any of the other sprite patterns I've posted here. There is a little bit of backstitching on a few of these, but if you're using them for Perler bead crafts or anything, it shouldn't matter at all if you ignore it. All of these patterns use the same base color key, too, so if you're working on more than one of them, the same symbol means the same suggested color across all eight pages. Before I've gone on any longer about this, here are the actual patterns!




With those posted, I'm out of new content for today, though I am pretty happy with the charts for today. I hope you guys like them, too, and if you decide to stitch these, or any of the other patterns I've posted here, I'd love to see how they turned out! I'm going to go and try to think of some nice new patterns to make for now, and will hopefully be back to post again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool!!
    Nicely done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love you so muchj right now, lol! XD I love Ouran and these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the IHSW plug, Missy. :D Can't wait to see what you stitch come Monday.

    These charts are great... I love that last one... his glasses rock! :D

    ReplyDelete