Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dork Stitch's Second Top Hunter Cross Stitch Pattern, Which I Feel is a Major Milestone

Hello! It's been exactly one post since I started a Facebook page for this blog, which can be found here, in case you're curious, and I have to say, my life hasn't changed any at all since then. I have a new avenue in which to have staged flame wars with my sister, and I do think that it's rather spiffy, especially since I felt all official once I found out that my page could like other pages, meaning that this blog's Facebook page officially endorses Gatchacaz's blog's Facebook page. It's just like politics, only without the parts that actually affect the world!

Anyway, now that I've got that gibberish out of the way, it's time for me to post a pattern I'm not actually sure anyone but me wants to stitch! If you've been reading this blog since the start, you may be aware that I have an irrational affection for SNK's arcade game, Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy. It's bright, cheerful, fun, and you can punch people with a magical spring-y boxing glove arm, so that's really all I ask for from a game. Other cross stitchers, as well as the public at large, do not seem to have jumped onto this bandwagon with me, but I still think it's fun to make the patterns, so, unfortunately for people who want patterns for games they actually play, today is a Top Hunter day!

The pattern for today, featuring Cathy from Top Hunter, is rather large at 80 stitches tall. It shouldn't be difficult to stitch at all, though, since I wanted it to be easy enough for a giant needlepoint or perler bead and did so by using a bold outline and fairly simple colors. The DMC floss colors listed are more suggestions than anything else, since it's not like using a different shade of yellow for Cathy's hair would derail the whole thing. Plus, I think it would be really easy to change around a few colors and move a few stitches and say she was Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyo, albeit a version of Mihoshi with stupider shoes than usual. Rather than tell you more of the wondrous possibilities that lie ahead for this pattern and your life, however, I'm just going to post this charming cross stitch pattern of Cathy!
Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think I have any reader work to post for today, so I'm done posting for now. I hope to be back soon with a slightly more relevant post, so if you have any requests or finished work based on the patterns I've slapped up here, let me know! Until then, I hope you have a nice week and good luck with all your crafting projects.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for another endorsement! I should figure out how to like your page too, but I seem to be unable to figure it out (I think the Pokemon AR makers are addling my brain) *AHEM*

    Anyway, for now, I've given your page a heads up on my blog!

    Today's pattern is a funky as always, but just one question ... are you gonna being doing some more FFVII characters for your Phantasy Star project??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very pretty!
    I shall have to investigate this game.

    ReplyDelete