Sunday, August 21, 2011

The End of International Hermit and Stitch Weekend

Hello! Just as I threatened yesterday, tonight I'm posting a wrap-up of my stitching and participation in Joyze of Random Ramblings' International Hermit and Stitch Weekend! If I were a smart or practical stitcher, I would have used this weekend to try my best to make a lot of progress on one of the many stitching projects that I'm currently trying to complete. However, I really, really wanted to stitch something fluffy and cute, so I decided to dig through the patterns I'd made and stitch a Vocaloid instead. I chose a pattern of Meiko, based on the Vocaloid event that happened at TinierMe a while ago (and wasn't at all as threatening or earth shattering as I just made it sound) that I'd made for this blog at least a few months ago because it required a lot of backstitching and that seemed like it would be fun. I actually don't have too much to say about this, so I guess I'll just post the photo and finish the post. This lovely Meiko was stitched on 14-count Aida cloth with all sorts of embroidery floss brands over the course of one weekend!
Now that my stitching for the weekend is posted, I suppose I'm done for now, though I'll be back rather soon with a variety of new patterns! As always, if you have any pattern requests or have finished any of the patterns previously posted here, let me know, and I'll do my best to waste webspace based on the information you give me. Until then, however, I hope your week gets started with a complete lack of disastrous incidents!

7 comments:

  1. You have a very great blog! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too, too cute! I need to get a move on and post mine, but it's just a lot of blue. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH!!!! She's ADORABLE!!!! I'm glad you decided to stitch something 'fluffy and cute.' She's such a treat to see. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so special, simply but special.
    Mireille

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that, who needs to be a smart and practical stitcher, it's a hobby right?!

    ReplyDelete