Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hey, Hey, It's The Monkees- You Can Cross Stitch Them and Make it Look Like They're Monkeying Around

Hello! Over the past week, I have not done as much blogging here as I would have liked to, mostly due in part to the fact that on the day when I intended to make more progress on the Clannad patterns set, I ended up making tiny patterns of characters from other anime and then not actually posting them. It was fun, but in terms of blogging, it wasn't exactly productive, so I'll have to try harder for next week. Today, however, I did a set of sprite patterns featuring the members of the Monkees, since I know all of you out there and reading this were dying to stitch some 60s sitcom/music projects (for me, it's actually won't be the first), so I decided to go ahead and post it.

Originally, I was going to make this set of patterns for my sister's birthday, but after some discussion, she decided that she wanted Isaac and Miria from Baccano (the patterns for which you'll probably see here eventually), Celty from Durarara, and then Mike Nesmith instead, which has, so far, been fun to work on. When I sat down today to make the pattern of Mike Nesmith, though, it seemed like it would be depressing to make a sprite pattern of him without the other three Monkees, no matter how similar to reality such a thing would be. With that in mind, I dug around Google image search until I found a photo of them in their red shirts and jeans, since that seemed representative of them, and got to sprite editing. It took a while to get them to look how I wanted them to, especially with Peter and Davy, but I think that, in the end, it turned out to be okay. You can decide for yourself, though, by looking at today's pattern. From left to right, the members are Peter, Mike, Davy, and Mickey, but I feel like if you've kept reading this for so long, you may have known that without my saying so.


With that posted, I don't have much more to say for today, though I hope that you guys do like the pattern! It was fun to make sprite patterns for real people, especially since it took a bit more effort to make them look right. Other than that, though, I should be back and posting again with a new Pokemon Monday on, oddly enough, Monday, and more nice posts throughout the week. I'm also considering doing another sprite patterns December, if people are interested in that, though that's pretty far off at this point. For now, I am going to get off of Blogger, but I hope that you guys have nice weekends and do well with your crafting stuff!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, excellent, I love the Monkees! You did a great job on them to, they really look like the group :-)

    ReplyDelete