Monday, September 12, 2011

Pokemon Monday #4: Snivy and Misty's Sisters

Hello! It's another Monday, so it's time for another Pokemon post here at Dork Stitch, and since it's not a holiday, I'm actually getting the post done in a rather timely fashion! Like every week, I have a Pokemon cross stitch pattern and a trainer themed sprite pattern, though things are slightly different for today. A few months ago, I started a set of patterns for the new set of starter Pokemon, featured in Black and White, and even though I intended to get it done in a reasonable amount of time, I posted Oshawott, got a Tepig done a few months later, and then sort of forgot about it. For today's post, however, Snivy had been mentioned in some recent comments, so I figured that I might as well finish off the set. In the likely event that someone wanted to stitch Snivy without bothering with the other two starters, I did my best to make sure that it was a nice standalone pattern, so hopefully, you guys will find it to be an appropriate representation. It should be easy to stitch, too, with only a few colors, and if you don't want it for the set or anything, the background can be left out fairly easily, too. Rather than just type about the Snivy pattern, though, I suppose I'll post it!
With that up and ready to stitch (or whatever your craft may be), I have to admit that today's sprite pattern, featuring Misty's three sisters, has very little to do with the Pokemon pattern at all. If I wanted to stretch it, I guess I could just say that it works because Snivy is green and one of them has a green swimsuit, but really, I just like the old episodes of the Pokemon cartoon and wanted to make some characters from it. This pattern was pretty fun to make, since I don't usually fiddle around with multi-character sprite patterns, but in order to recreate an old Topps trading card I have, I decided to use some of the side view sprites in order to get all three of the sisters lined up properly. I like how it came out pretty well, though, so, with that in mind, here's a sprite pattern of the sisters of Cerulean City for your crafting joy!
Right now, I am inexplicably running out of steam, but before I go, I want to feature a couple of nifty new stitched sprites from The Stitching Reaper. Last week, I wrote about the start of her nifty set of Sailor Moon cross stitches, and the other day, she finished a couple more of them! Her most recent stitched scouts are Sailor Venus and Sailor Pluto, and though I'm sure that I'm quite biased towards this project, I think that they look really well stitched, bright, and cheerful! The images below are just thumbnails, but if you check out her blog, linked above, you can see larger photos of these and a really pretty stitched geisha, too.

In the interest of not getting so frustrated with Blogger that I throw the computer on the floor, I think that I am going to be finished with this post now! As always, requests are very welcome, as are photos of finished work, but for now, I'm off! I hope all of you have a good day, and I should be posting again very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, this Pokemon now reminds me of Soul Eater's Excalibur :D Something in the eyes I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sprites of the three sisters- they look so colorful :-)

    ReplyDelete