Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two New Sprite Patterns and a Ton of Work From Readers

Hello! I was working on stuff for this blog this afternoon, but still felt a tiny bit off, like I did while I was posting last night. After a few hours of playing Disgaea 2 and some really good chocolate ice cream, though, I'm ready for a substantial post here at Dork Stitch, with some new He-Man and Sailor Moon sprite patterns and three really cool photos of work done based on previous patterns!

Before I actually post today's patterns, I'd like to address a few request/comments I got, since I'm not sure how to respond to the comments directly. In response to Moje, who commented over the weekend, I do have a cat pattern which I've recently finished test stitching. There are a couple of changes I'd like to make to it, so it won't be up tonight, but it should be posted relatively soon! As for the comment made by Anonymous yesterday, who I think is probably the same one I've heard from on other Pokemon Mondays, I hadn't really meant any small green Pokemon in particular, since I just like grass types, but Snivy is cool, so I'll have one next Monday!

With that all done with, it's time to post today's patterns, which cover two previous requests and feature Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask and He-Man's Teela! I made these this afternoon, and though I sort of had the mindset that they'd both come out looking weird and bad, I ended up being pretty happy with them, so I hope you guys are, too! I don't have much specific to say about either of these, other than that Tuxedo Mask takes a bit more backstitching than normal and that Teela has the same gold floss listed as She-Ra, making her an ideal candidate for more usage of gold floss. Other than that, though, these should be very similar to the other dozens of sprite patterns posted here, so hopefully, they're what you guys were expecting!

With those patterns posted, it's time to move on to some nifty photos of work by Dork Stitch readers, starting with a Perler project from virtual pet enthusiast and writer at Tamagotchi Diaries, Aurons_Girl! I don't feel that I've made any secret of the fact that I very much enjoy watching True Blood, with the upcoming season's finale putting that in the forefront of my mind, so I was thrilled to see her Perlered (if that's even close to a word) rendition of my old pattern of Bill Compton enjoying an old fashioned golf game on his Wii! Her beadwork is very nice, with spot on colors and intensely even ironing, and, even though this isn't part of the piece, I like how it looks against the wood grain, too. If you'd like to see a full sized version of this craft, visit it at Aurons_Girl's flickr page, but here's a slightly smaller version for your viewing enjoyment!
The next featured work for today comes from the sinister sounding, but, as far as I can tell, very cool and polite, Stitching Reaper, who's been cross stitching some Sailor Moon characters based on the sprite patterns from here! I definitely recommend checking out her blog, The Stitching Reaper, if you get the chance, since she's done some really nice Sailor Moon stitching from Alcanurewen's patterns and posted progress shots of several WIPs, too, but for now, here are some spiffy cross stitches of Sailor Moon, Sailor Mars, and Sailor Neptune, all looking very bright and pretty on 14-count perforated plastic canvas, which makes me want to get some out and stitch a pile of sprites, too. As always, if you want to see the full version of her photo, you have to go to her blog, but here is her work in most of its glory!
Our last featured stitcher for today is Stitching Daze's Tama, who seems to have more focus and energy directed towards stitching in one day than I do in an entire week. If you've ever visited her blog, you'd see that not only does she stitch tons of the sprites from here, but she also has a battalion of very fancy and detailed projects that she puts tons of time and effort into! I'd easily recommend reading it, but for now, I'd like to turn my attention towards the two newest additions to her sprite collection, She-Ra and Rinoa! Both of them as as well stitched as ever, and her work with the gold floss on She-Ra is really excellent, especially considering what a pain metallic floss is to use. The pink border is cute, too, and though it has nothing to do with Tama's stitching, I quite like it. Here are her new stitchings, though, just waiting to be stared at both here and on her blog!
After all of that, I think I've had my fill of blogging for the night, though it probably helps my quitting that I'm out of content for now. While I was writing about the finished projects, though, I got really excited about making and stitching more sprite patterns, so you guys will probably have a few more of those to put up with in the next couple of days. Aside from that, however, I still have plenty of larger requests that I plan to complete, along with whatever I end up getting distracted by and posting about, so I should be posting pretty frequently for the time being! Until I'm here again next, though, I hope all of you are having good weeks and excellent luck with your craft projects!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! More patterns :D
    and both I will be stitching. I was never huge on the Sailor Moon show except that I lurved Tuxedo Mask XD He looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thanks so much for the Tuxedo Mask sprite, he looks awesome! He'll definitely look great with all of the others :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola!! No se si leiste mi otro comentario agradeciendote el patron de Luffy, si no es asi lo vuelvo a poner aqui mil gracias!!! besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuxedo mask looks so cool. Nyah, I really need to sit and stitch the Sailors, and him too! But first I need to finish the Ourans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your designs stitched up. Too cute for words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for Sailor Moon sprites!! I really like all of yours. Tuxedo Mask is a great addition. My plan is to make them all and turn them into a wallhanging (that will be the hard part). I'll send you a picture when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay for Tuxedo Mask!! I need to start on the Sailor Moon cross sitches and I can't belive I missed the She-ra one!!

    Do you plan on making an Evil-lyn pattern? =D

    ReplyDelete