Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Entry in the Set of Clannad Cross Stitch Patterns is Done!

Hello! On Mondays, I realize that I usually say that I am going to finish and post something in at least one of the sets of cross stitch patterns that have been requested over the course of the week, but, despite the fact that I have a lot of sets to work on, this usually doesn't get done. Today, however, I actually have a new pattern in the Clannad set for you guys, which I think counts as some sort of progress. There are still a lot of sprite patterns that I'd like to finish in the next few days, but I think that, for today, anyway, it's sort of cool to have a new larger pattern done.

Anyway, the Clannad character featured in today's pattern is Kotomi, who is one of the first anime characters with an ordinary name that I've typed into Google without the title of her show and actually gotten good results. I don't know if this is because Kotomi is an unpopular name or because the character is, for some reason, incredibly iconic, but it seemed unusual either way. I've actually been working on this pattern on and off for weeks in some form or another, since her hair was giving me quite a bit of trouble, but the other day, I found a really nice image to use as the pattern's basis and was able to finish it pretty quickly. There are a few more colors in this than there are in some of my other portrait patterns, because of her ponytail holders, sweater, and the level of detail in her eyes, but I don't think it's anything that should make this too difficult to stitch. She's about the same size as the other Clannad patterns I've done, too, with the exception of Tomoyo, which I hope is convenient for those of you interested in stitching the set. Without any further chatter, here is the pattern of Kotomi!
Now that I have another cast member of Clannad done, I plan to go back and do a couple of sprite pattern requests, which currently include a couple of new Final Fantasy VII patterns, the cast of Death Note, and some more patterns for Final Fantasy VIII and He-Man. Of course, I'll probably get distracted on my way to making them, which shouldn't be too difficult, considering that this weekend is Joyze's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. I'm probably just going to spend the weekend stitching more of my sprites, but I'm still looking forward to it and recommend it to any other bloggers looking for a fun monthly event! Even without that ahead, though, I still plan to do another post in the next couple of days, and, until then, hope that all of you are doing reasonably well!

5 comments:

  1. This stuff is awesome. What program do you use?

    Your blog inspired me to learn to cross stitch (I started two weeks ago) and I'm going with some simple stuff first, trying to get a hang of it.

    Then I'll try your Monster Rancher patterns (I love that game.)

    So yes, you got me into cross-stitching. I hope you're happy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, another Clannad! I long for your take on Sunohara as he is the best sidekick ever created in the history of ever. :D

    re: the above comment! Yay, a new convert! You picked an awesome place to start. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Kotomi looks so spiffy! Thanks so much for making the pattern. I'm so excited to stitch her!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pattern, very pretty! Must admit, though, when I saw you were planning certain Sprites, I made a very high-pitched happy noise that had my Mum asking if I was all right... XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... I LOVE HER!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Drats... I might have to find some time to stitch her...... LOOOOOOOVE!!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete