Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Finished Sheet of Stitched Sprites

Hello! Tonight is not a new pattern post, though I do hope to do one of those soon. When I said that I was almost done with my sheet of perforated plastic canvas covered in stitched sprites from the patterns I make and post, however, some of you seemed to be interested in that, so I thought I would post it! It was really fun to design and stitch all of these, even though I think I picked weird characters, and it'll be even more fun when I'm able to chop all of these into standees and set them up with the others I've made. Some of the patterns I stitched here are a bit of a preview of patterns I've finished and not posted, too, so if there are any of those you like, please let me know and I will get the patterns, and in some cases, the sets they go in, posted for you to stitch. For now, though, here is a photo of the 18 stitched sprites, a few of which you've seen before, and a giant block of text regarding them!
Top Row: Renge (Ouran Host Club), Adell (Disgaea 2), Maya (Dragon Quest IV), Regina (Dino Crisis), Yurippe (Angel Beats), Saria (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
This row is probably a bit boring, since the first four here were previously posted as my stitching for last month's International Hermit and Stitch Weekend. Past that, though, Yurippe is the row's sole unposted pattern, though she looks way too much like Athena from the King of Fighters games here. I know that her character design was derivative, but not nearly to that extent. It's not too weird looking or anything, though, so I don't mind too much.

Center Row: Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop), Rick Hunter (Robotech), SF-A2 miki (Vocaloid), Sinclair (Art of Fighting 3), Meena (Dragon Quest IV), Ash Crimson (King of Fighters)
In this row, the unposted patterns are Spike, Rick, and Sinclair, with the characters from Cowboy Bebop and Robotech likely being more of a preview of things to come than anything else. I used some DMC glitter embroidery floss on Sinclair, though, which has to count for something. I think that it makes her the cross stitched equivalent of a rare Pokemon card.

Bottom Row: Kula Diamond (King of Fighters), Megaman.EXE and Roll (Mega Man Battle Network), Lucia (Pangya), K' (King of Fighters), Julia (Tekken)
This row contains the two Mega Man cross stitches that I did over the weekend, with K' being the only other member of the group who's gotten their pattern posted. Julia's part of a much larger set of Tekken characters that I've made, while Lucia's sprite is actually the second version of the character that I've designed and stitched. I'd like to have an entire set of Pangya standees, and since it's an MMO, every character has piles of outfits to choose from, which is great for stitching.

With all of that typing done in regard to such an odd project, I guess that I'm done posting for tonight, though you'll probably see these stitches on here again when I've cut them into standees, as part of a larger group. I'm hoping to do a more normal post within the next couple of days, so until then, good luck with your respective craft projects, and have a nice day, too!

5 comments:

  1. This looks so great!! I love the way they look on the plastic canvas! I really like the Lucia sprite design despite never have played the game... ...

    Where do you find the plastic canvas anyway? I dunno if Hobby Lobby or Hancock Fabrics extend up to your neck of the woods; maybe they'd have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, these just look so cool! It's really neat that they are from different shows/universes too, as it's like all the various characters are friends haha. Fabulous job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!! They're so cute all stitched and posted this way. :)

    Love the Meena girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just barely started cross stitching, and I love doing it but I was a little disappointed that so many of the designs I was finding look like things that would be hanging in my grandmothers house. You have no idea how excited I was to find your blog and so many fun things to try my hand at!! Thank you so much for posting so many great things!! and not to pester you too much, but have you done a blog post (or do you have another blog that you like) that helps with some beginners basic questions such as the best way to mount finished projects and things like that?
    ~Renae~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that's incredible! I love all the different colors and characters - they'll look great standing around on your desk? Dresser? Wherever! Such a wealth!

    ReplyDelete