Monday, October 24, 2011

Pokemon Monday #9: Wingull and Hilda, Plus Some Finished Work of a Pokemon and Non-Pokemon Nature

Hello! Today, I don't really want to sit still, so blogging seems like it's going to be very difficult. I got online an hour and fifteen minutes ago, and, since then, have spent a lot of time wandering around the house, looking through my cross stitch supplies, putting an outfit on a blank doll so that I can use her as a drawing dummy, putting my DS on to charge, looking through all of my Pokemon cards, and eating candy and drinking soda. It is, however, a Pokemon Monday, and I have two new and spiffy patterns for you, featuring the charming Pokemon Wingull and Hilda, the female trainer from Pokemon Black/White! The Wingull pattern is one that I've had on reserve for quite a while, though I'm not totally sure why I haven't posted it. I think that it's a nice enough Pokemon, and, having stitched it on plastic canvas (which I used as the finished project image on the pattern, seeing as I write this blog and can do stuff like that), can vouch for the fact that it's a decent pattern. Hilda, on the other hand, is a brand new sprite pattern, and I'm really happy with how it came out because her hair is puffy and cool. I've stitched her real sprite before, from in the game, and will probably make this one, too! In the event that you guys would like to make either of these, though, here are the patterns!
With those patterns posted, I have some finished work from a reader to show off, which is really cool, since it seems like it's been a long time since I've done that! As those of you who follow this blog may know, The Stitching Reaper (click on her pseudonym to get to her blog) is on a quest to stitch all of the Sailor Moon sprite patterns, and she's finished three more of them very nicely! Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Uranus, and Sailor Mercury have been added to her set, and though there's only a thumbnail here, there is a larger version of it on her blog, alongside a nifty picture of her progress so far that I definitely recommend checking out!

I also have a finished piece to show off, even though it's not from one of the patterns I've posted here. Starting on Thursday and ending on Sunday, I did a plastic canvas needlepoint of the Pokemon card Team Rocket's Trap as it appears in one of the Pokemon TCG Game Boy games! (I got the sprite for it from Sprite Database, which is a very good website.) There is a lot more unnecessary information about the project on my Deviant Art page, but here's a smaller picture of it, which is probably good enough. I'm really happy with how this came out and started stitching a second card last night! (This was done with craft thread on 10-count plastic canvas and measures about 6.5 by 4.5 inches.)
I'm out of stuff to write about for today, so I am going to quit blogging and eat an orange! I'm hoping to have a lot of cool patterns to post this week, though, so, until my next post, I hope that all of you are having nice weeks and doing well with all of your crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, sounds like you're definitely too antsy to be in one place today. :)

    Love the needlepoint piece! Thanks for posting a pic of it here. :D Enjoy your orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilda looks great and pretty close to how she is in Black and White. I also know how you feel, today Pokemon Rumble Blast comes out for the 3DS but my Gamestop won't sell until tomorrow so I have to wait a whole another day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely mention on the scouts :-) . I really like the Team Rocket card too, very cool!

    ReplyDelete