Friday, November 25, 2011

Another Sonic the Hedgehog Pattern, Today Featuring Knuckles, and a Photo of a Needlepoint I Made

Hello! Before I do too much with today's post, I wanted to thank everyone for all of the nice comments I got on my last one! I don't have any sprite patterns of 19th century murderers today, which has to be a let down after that chart, but hopefully, today's cross stitch pattern of Knuckles, from the Sonic the Hedgehog games, will please some of you. I started working on this either Sunday or Monday night, I think, but the biggest delay in getting this finished and posted was just that I haven't been working on it. For the first part of the week, I worked a lot on a community newsletter, which I almost have done now, and after that came Thanksgiving. Today, which was the final stretch on this pattern, was especially bad, since I actually sat at the computer desk, painting my nails and eating cookies while I looked at the unfinished chart on the screen. Right now, however, this lovely pattern is finally done, so all of you can sit and cross stitch Knuckles to your hearts' content. I used a screenshot from Sonic Underground to make this, so it might look a little old-fashioned, but I think it's still fairly nifty.
With today's pattern posted, I should probably just quit and go work on stockpiling patterns for Sprite Patterns December, which starts next week! I have quite a bit done already, and plan to do requests all through the month, so I'm really looking forward to it. Before I leave, however, I want to show off a needlepoint project that I just finished for my 14-year old brother's birthday. Normally, I like stitching things that are cute or fluffy or things like that, but I have to say that I'm really proud of how this plastic canvas piece of Beavis and Butthead attacking people with a drill ended up looking. It was stitched from sprites from an SNES Beavis and Butthead game, simplified a little bit so that I could make it out of craft thread, and I think that it looks remarkably accurate. I did spiffy it up a bit by scanning it on some scrapbook paper, but really, not even the prettiest paper can detract from the look of this piece of needlework.
Now that I inflicted that on you guys, I think that it really is time to leave, though I'm hoping to be back and posting again soon. I hope that all of you had a good week and have nice weekends full of crafts ahead of you!

2 comments:

  1. Knuckles looks awesome! To me, he looks kind of how he did in the Sega Genesis age. I can't wait to start stitching him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love Knuckles! He's all "get with the program or I'll kick your a**." LOL!

    Beavis and Butthead for a 14 year old... perfect!!! :D

    ReplyDelete