Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cross Stitch Sprite Patterns of 1850s Fashion, Which I Know You Guys Were Dying For

Hello! This is another International Hermit and Stitch Weekend, hosted by Joysze at Random Ramblings, but seeing as I have been leaving the house and not actually stitching too much, my results are probably not going to end up being that impressive. For today, however, I have a couple of new sprite patterns done and ready to post, so that should count for something! Instead of using anime or video game characters as the ideas behind the two new cross stitch patterns for today, though, I decided to try and make some sprite patterns based on dresses from the 19th century. I still used the sprites from Phantasy Star II as the base for these patterns, meaning that they should fit into any set of these that you may have already stitched, but I'd been wanting to try making some of these based on real outfits and stuff like that for a while now, which was really fun. It was difficult to get all of the details into the dresses that I'd wanted to, but I think that, in the end, I ended up with a decent representation of what they should look like. Plus, since they're still sprite patterns, it was fun to choose ridiculous and historically inaccurate hair colors for both of the girls pictured. Before I talk too much longer about these patterns, however, I might as well just post them!

I really enjoyed making both of these patterns, so I might try doing some more sprite patterns like this in the future. For now, however, I'm going to stop monopolizing the computer and go do something else for a while! If you'd like to stitch these or use these for any sort of craft project, I would really like to see and write about your nifty finished work, and if you have any pattern requests, let me know and I'll do my best to make something nice according to what you asked. Until then, I hope all of you are having nice weekends and doing well with your stitching!

3 comments:

  1. OMG these are adorable! I love that style of clothing.
    Question - would you mind if I tried to make the bottom one look like Lizzie Borden in her infamous dress? Or would there be any possibility you could make a sprite of Lizzie? Kinda morbid, but she's fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, those are so cute! Absoluely love the dresses and the hair colours! Awesome match :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really awesome! I think you did a good job on the dresses, as they look neat to me and I rather like the bright hair colors :-) . Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete