Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Four Chrono Cross Sprite Patterns, Ready For Stitching!

Hello! I don't think that today is really going to be a remarkable or mind-blowing post here at Dork Stitch, but today Chrono Cross went up for sale in the US PSN store, and that seemed like a good excuse to post some of my sprite patterns of the game's characters that I've been working on! A few weeks ago, I got it into my head that, since the characters were cool looking and very detailed, it would be good practice to try and make the entire cast of Chrono Cross as cross stitch sprite patterns. So far, I only have 11 of the characters done, but it's been fun so far, and, since I've made a lot of the monster and animal sorts of party members, I think that I have learned quite a bit about how much can be done with the sorts of sprite patterns I've been continually inflicting on you guys. For the sake of today's post and getting this set of patterns off to a strong start, however, I'm just going to post the patterns for four of the more important characters.

As some of you may have already guessed, either from having played/watched someone else play Chrono Cross or from scrolling down and looking at the patterns I included in this post before actually reading it, today's patterns are for Serge, Kid, Lynx, and Harle. All four of these patterns are more detailed than most of the sprite patterns that I normally post, either by a little or a lot, but because of that, I'm pretty happy that none of them came out looking like incoherent blobs of pixels. I think that Harle is probably my favorite of the four, at least in terms of the patterns, because her outfit was a complete pain to make, yet came out looking fairly recognizable. I certainly don't hate any of these, though, so I hope that you guys have favorites as well!
With those four cross stitch charts posted and ready for all of your Chrono Cross stitching needs (don't you love how convenient the game's title is for craft-based sentences?), I think that I'm done here for tonight, though I'm hoping to be back later this week with new cross stitch patterns, likely based on requests. Until then, I hope that all of you have a nice night and a good Wednesday, too!

1 comment:

  1. They look really interesting, especially that last one!
    You've been really productive with all these Sprite patterns lately! Go, you!!!

    ReplyDelete