Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Start of a New Set of Sonic the Hedgehog Patterns, Featuring Tails

Hello! I mentioned this in Tuesday night's post, but earlier this week, I got a request from an anonymous commenter (though I'm fairly certain it was one I've heard from before) for some Sonic the Hedgehog themed cross stitch patterns, since this year is the character's twentieth birthday. Since I certainly don't mind making cross stitch charts of cute video game animals/monsters, as is evidenced by the recent stream of Pokemon Mondays, it didn't take me long to decide that making a set of Sonic the Hedgehog patterns would be a fun project to undertake. However, I have to warn you guys that, unlike my work on the Clannad set, where I have a very small amount of knowledge about the source material and pretty much ask you guys who I should make next, I do know some stuff about Sonic the Hedgehog, which means that occasionally, as I work on this, a very odd character might pop up for no apparent reason. If there are characters that you guys would like to see, let me know and I will still do my best to make a cool pattern of them, whether they're from the games or comics or one of the TV shows. However, if there is a lull in requests, I'm going to start making all of the characters that I want to stitch, and since I've got a few Sonic Underground DVDs in my living room, this may or may not work out well for everyone.

Anyway, in order to get this set of patterns going, I spent this afternoon making a fairly ordinary portrait pattern of Tails the Fox! Since there's already a lot of cross stitching out there based on in-game sprites and artwork, I decided that for these patterns, I'd try wherever I could to use cartoons and comics as the source material, which, at least in this case, was pretty fun. I think that I was able to make a nice enough pattern using some screenshots from Sonic X, and since it's not the most remarkably detailed anime in the world, I was able to keep all details visible while keeping the pattern to just 74 by 62 stitches. Because of that, Tails shouldn't be too bad to stitch, but he should still make for a nice finish, with bright colors and plenty of shading to keep things from getting boring.
With Tails posted, I don't really have anything else to post for today, though I am hoping to get at least one post done this weekend! I'm making quite a few patterns in preparation for another Sprite Patterns December, which should be fun, and since I just got this set going, I'd love to know what Sonic characters you guys would like to see patterns for! Until then, however, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my cold, windy, and rainy day and hope that you guys are able to do the same!

6 comments:

  1. Tails looks amazing! Thanks for listening to my request!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tails is awesome!!! Ooh how about Shadow or Knuckles!!! They're my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love this! I defo need to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee! Tails looks great! *ignores all my other started projects to prepare to make this one* ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, Tails.... I love him!!! Esp when he's following Sonic around like a helicopter. :D So cute :D

    ReplyDelete